Welcome to the Pals’ March Blog Hop. We’re so glad you’re here because ”Spring has Sprung” – at least on our blog hop if not outside! Our Design Team created beautiful projects to inspire you. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
After a very long, cold and wet winter here on the East Coast, I am craving Spring. It’s still not quite here yet but there are definitely signs that it’s on its way. So while I wait a little longer to plant some flowers, I can still “grow” and enjoy the paper variety.
In keeping with my resolve to use all my stamp sets and not just those that are the latest and greatest, I reached for the Falling Flowers stamp set and coordinating May Flower framelits for today’s card. This set has been around for a few catalogs so its days may be numbered as a current set but I know I’ll still be using it well after. I love the variety of flowers in this set and the endless color combinations you can create.
Here are the details…
- I started with an A2 card base in Sahara Sand card stock with a top fold.
- The next layer is a pattern from the Neutrals 6 x6 Designer Series Paper. These color collections come in so handy. Even if they’re the only DSP you have, you’ll still have all you need to create beautifully color coordinated projects.
- The Whisper White panel is cut with the Rectangle Stitched Framelits.
- Above you can see how I created a window using a square die from the Layering Square Framelits. My initial idea was to give the illusion of the flowers falling from the window but I think I got a little carried away with the flowers and now they look like they’re climbing up the window! I glued the window panel directly to the patterned paper.
- After stamping and cutting out the flowers, I colored them using Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers.
- Besides the coloring (which is totally relaxing to me) these fun flowers, the most fun was arranging them. I used Stampin’ Dimensionals on some.
- The sentiment is from the Varied Vases stamp set.
- After completing this panel, I used some Fun Foam to pop it up on the card base. I like using Fun Foam because you can cut it to the exact size you need and there’s no sagging or gaps. I also buy it in a few neutral colors and try to use the closest color to match the card stock. I used tan for this card and it’s hardly noticeable from the sides.
- I completed the inside with another sentiment from Varied Vases stamp set and the large flourish from the Falling Flowers stamp set.
While I had this stamp set and framelits out, I created another card using a different technique that I will post soon. I’m always happy when I can find new ways to use these old friends! I hope this has given you a little inspiration to give new life to some of those less used sets sitting on your shelf.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, April 10, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “Families First” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Roseanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping by the Bay
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
Thanks very much for stopping and hopping today!
Now this is the way to way up to…..a BEAUTIFUL CARD that just SCREAMS Spring!
Simply amazing from the color choices to the DSP….this is a great example of why coloring MAKES a project POP and really stand out!
This card is BEST in SHOW in my eye…..you nailed it!
Gorgeous flowers! This is just beautiful. Truly a bouquet of flowers, truly a work of art.
Have a blessed day.
WOW! Those flowers just pop. Everything about this car is simple beautiful.
NOTHING says Spring like flowers. Your coloring is fabulous. Stunning card my friend.
Absolutely beautiful! Bright and vibrant.
Ever so “Spring-y” card!!! Love your coloring!
This is gorgeous, Roseanne! Your beautifully colored flowers are wonderful against the neutral stripe!
WOW! I love everything about the card!!! Your beautiful flowers, detailed embellishments, special stamping on the inside, and all the layers! Impressive coloring!!! You rock my friend!
WOW! I love everything about this card!!! Your beautiful flowers, detailed embellishments, special stamping on the inside, and all the layers! Impressive coloring!!! You rocked it my friend!
Rosanne, the beautiful bouquet that you created on this card is simply amazing! I love that you show how you created the window with the foam strips 🙂 Thanks for sharing.
Gorgeous bouquet–love all those sweet pearls!
Roseanne, this is absolutely gorgeous!!!
Lovely …. those beautiful blossoms tumbling down the card front is a spectacular sight!!
Beautiful! You enjoyed making this beautiful bouquet of flowers and it shows! I love it!!
Well I totally missed this stamp set some how ! What pretty flowers and you colored them just perfectly ! Love your card !
Wow! You may have just convinced me to color – I have really resisted it so far. This is truly beautiful!
What a precious floral bouquet! Love how you combined them with the striped background! Thank you so much for linking this up at The Flower Challenge! Please mention our challenge and add the badge in your post, if you play along next time!
OH. MY. GOODNESS. This card is PERFECTION. I love all the color and details — it’s so lavish without being overdone. Brilliant! Thanks for sharing!