Happy Monday, Happy April Fools Day and finally…Happy Spring! We actually had spring-like weather on the East Coast this weekend even if one of the two days was rainy.
I recently posted a card using the Falling Flowers stamp set and coordinating May Flowers framelits. You can see that card HERE. This set hadn’t seen ink in quite some time, although I absolutely love it! So while I had it out, a few more ideas came to mind and today’s card is one of them…
It’s all in the details….
- The card base is Whisper White thick card stock and measures 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Since I prefer narrow margins on my cards, the next two layers of Basic Black and Whisper White are cut 1/8″ smaller respectively.
- I cropped a circle from the top panel of Whisper White using the Layering Circles framelits.
- Next, using a non-SU embossing folder from my collection, I embossed the panel.
- I also used a slightly smaller circle framelit on the Basic Black panel to create a frame and glued it behind the circle window.
- Before adhering these layers to the card base with Stampin’ dimensionals, I glued a the polka dot pattern from the Botanical Butterfly Designer Series paper to the card base.
- I stamped a variety of flower images on vellum with Versa Mark ink and heat embossed them with white embossing powder.
- Using Stampin’ Blends, I colored the images on the unembossed side and cut them out with the May Flower framelits.
- The “Celebrate” sentiment is from last year’s Sale-a-Bration set, Amazing You, and is heat embossed with black embossing powder. I used the Brother Scan N’ Cut to cut it out and also to create the black mat behind it. This is also popped with dimensionals.
- The inside sentiment is from the Cake Soiree stamp set.
- A coordinated embellished envelope completes the card.
I like to think of most of my cards these days as hybrids…meaning I’m combining old, new and different products to come up with fresh, new ideas. And it’s been surprisingly fun, too!
Thanks again for stopping by today.