Welcome to the Pals’ April Blog Hop. We’re so glad you’re here because we love to put our ”Families First”! Our Design Team created beautiful projects to inspire you. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Today’s card features an all-time favorite of mine…the daisy punch. I just love the big, bold flowers you can create with it. I’ve made several cards using this punch. You can see some HERE and HERE. But let’s talk about the card I’ve made for today…
It’s all in the details…
- The A2 card base is Petal Pink card stock.
- The next layer is Night of Navy card stock followed by a Whisper White layer that’s embossed with the Subtles embossing folder.
- Before gluing the Whisper White panel to the Navy, I cut 1/4″ strips of Navy card stock to create a trellis effect. Here’s the layout:
- I made sure to cut the strips longer than the card stock and after gluing them in place, simply used the trimmer to trim the excess.
- The fun part came next…creating and arranging the flowers and foliage.
- For each Daisy, I punch 2 Whisper White and 1 Petal Pink and layered them. I added a small circle punched with polka dot Petal Pink DSP for the centers.
- The leaves are a combination of dies from the Flourish Thinlits and the Petals & More Thinlits.
- Lastly, the sentiment is from Bella & Friends stamp set and is punched using the Classic Label Punch.
- The inside sentiment comes from the Tea Together stamp set in the Occasions Catalog. And to be honest, this sentiment is the reason I purchased the set. I knew this would be perfect for a Mother’s Day card for my youngest daughter, Emily. Emily is a wonderful mother to our grandson, Jack, as well as being an amazing full-time teacher. She is also the director of a camp for blind children in the summer.
I know I mentioned this before, but I’m always searching for more meaningful messages for the inside of my cards and this one was just perfect! Now I’ll have to find a way to use some of the other stamps in this set.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, May 8, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “More Than One Score” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Lineup
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio