Hello…I hope you had a wonderful Easter and perhaps ate a little chocolate. We had a perfect day with family. I also enjoyed a week off from work as it was Spring Break. It went so quickly but was really needed! I did manage to do a bit of organizing in my craft area and snuck in a little crafting. I was really hoping to do more creating than cleaning but it didn’t work out that way.
Today’s cards are simple Thinking of You cards created with the Just Because stamp set which is in the Occasions Catalog. Since this set is a host set, I think that it could be easily overlooked. However, I absolutely love this image and it was fun and easy to color. This set is just a simple no fuss, versatile kind of set.
I have a confession…I’ve cut the sentiments off from each of the images after I created these cards. This way I can still use the images and the sentiments in many different ways for many different occasions.
It’s all in the details…
- The card bases are Cajun Craze and Soft Suede card stock for each of these cards. The next layer is Whisper White card stock.
- The next layers are patterns from the Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper collection. I’ve basically ignored this collection for most of the catalog period and now that it’s going into retirement, I’m trying use some of it. I really like how it coordinates so with this set.
- Before gluing the Whisper White and DSP layers to the card base, I wrapped a piece of burlap ribbon around. This gives it a little organic look.
- The next three panels were cut with the Stitched Rectangles dies.
- I colored each stamped image with Stampin’ Blends. The colors used are listed in the product list below.
- If you look really close, you’ll see my favorite part of these cards. I’ve created little “water droplets” on the leaves. I simply put a small dot of Crystal Effects on them and let it dry. You can still find Crystal Effects in craft stores.
- The inside sentiment is from a beautiful new stamp set, Floral Essence. I received this set at OnStage but it will be available in the new annual catalog on June 4th. It just seemed like a sweet and simple sentiment.
Thanks for stopping by today.