Welcome to the Pals’ May Blog Hop. We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects with “More Than One Score.” You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Today’s card features some retiring as well as some new products coming in the Annual Catalog. The newcomer is the Daisy Lane stamp set which features a smaller daisy and coordinating punch. You’ll be able to purchase these as a bundle when the catalog goes live on June 4th.
I really enjoyed creating this card. It seems any card that has some flower arranging makes me happy.
It’s all in the details…
- The Whisper White card base measures 5 1/2″ x 11″ (a little larger than a regular A2 card). It’s scored on the longer side at 2 1/2″ and 6 3/4″ and at 2 3/4″ on the short side only up to the second(6 3/4″) score line.
- Cut on the 2 3/4″ score line to remove the top part of the front of the card.
- Petal Pink card stock is cut 1/8″ smaller than each panel on the outside and inside front.
- Fold the front panel at the first score line over to form an inside pocket to hold a gift card. You could easily eliminate this panel to create just a card.
- Before adhering, punch with a small circle punch to form a notch (picture below).
- The Soft Sea Foam panel on the front is cut an additional 1/8″ smaller than the Petal Pink panel and is embossed with the Tufted Embossing Folder.
- I cut the pocket using the Pocket Framelits in Whisper White card stock and cut another pocket using a panel from the Beautifully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Paper from the Occasions Catalog to cover the white pocket. I love the pretty detail it provided.
- I layered two daisies to create each flower and along with the pretty fern also from the Daisy Lane stamp set arranged and adhered.
- The sentiment on the small tag is from Bella and Friends stamp set, which is set to retire. It’s punched using the Classic Label punch and tucked among the flowers.
- The inside is embellished with a pattern of Soft Sea Foam 6×6 DSP over the Petal Pink panel.
- The sentiment, from the Varied Vases stamp set is stamped in Versa Fine Onyx Black ink on a 3 1/2″ x 2″ panel of Whisper White card stock. I backed it with a piece of Petal Pink card stock cut 1/8″ smaller. Can you tell that I prefer very thin margins!
- I embellished the gift card pocket with another daisy.
- To complete the project, the envelope flap is embellished with a piece of Soft Sea Foam card stock embossed with the Tufted Embossing Folder.
This is such a soft and pretty presentation for a gift card for so many different occasions. I plan to use the same layout to create a few thank you and graduation cards…stay tuned.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, June 12, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “Anything with Wings” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
What did you use in the center of the flowers?
Oh My!! I adore gift card holders and this is the cutest ever! I will be casing this one soon. You knocked it out of the park! Thank you.
Love, Love, Love this card. The style is different and looks great. I like your colors, very soft and I also like all the different elements you used. Have a blessed day. 🙂
Roseanne your attention to detail always shines thru! What a fabulous card. I love your color combos too. Well done my friend.
Love everything about your gift card holder, Rosanne! The colors and fold are fabulous!
Rosanne, another stunning project. Love every detail.
Wow! What a lovely gift card Rosanne. I feel a case coming on of this beauty!
Beautiful card!! I love the pretty pastels and your “skinny” paper margins. 🙂
You’ve been cased!!
All I can say is WOW! This is gorgeous! The construction, the colors, the design – beautiful. CASEing for sure!
Gorgeous card! Lovely colors! Beautiful layout! Just what I’ve been looking for! One question. What did you use for the flower centers?
Well all I can say is who’s day wouldn’t “bloom with happiness” with this gorgeous card and gift card too!!! It is over the top. Love everything about it from the embossing folder used, secret fun fold, and ever so pretty daisies!!! Your eye for color coordination and layering is superb!!!
Beautiful gift card holder!! Your colors in this card are my absolute favorites. Love the daisy in Petal Pink! Great card!!
Your card/gift card holder is very WOW!! I love it! A new design I haven’t seen before. Thanks for sharing!
Beautiful card and just love the Daisies and a bonus gift card holder.
Your card sings spring! The colors are so soft and I love the mixture of textures – including the envelope flap. Beautifully done!
What a great card and a beautiful way to showcase the punch. I can’t wait to get my hands on that bundle andwassad it wasn’t on the preorder.
Lovely card, and those colors are so yummy!!
Super pretty Rosanne! I love the secret pocket for the gift card too!
Rosanne, I am loving this gorgeous card! The soft colors, sweet textures, surprise gift card holder… all tied together to make a great presentation! Well done, Pal!
Wow, you have some genius ideas here! I love the laser cut paper on the pocket and the addition of the gift card pocket on the inside. Definitely pinned this one!