Wow…can you believe that July is already half over. I’ve had so many good intentions to blog more regularly during the summer while I’m off from school but somehow the days just slip past. We’re busy renovating the house we moved into last summer. I’m also lucky to get to spend three days each week at the beach in Avalon, NJ with my daughter and grandson…so I’m not complaining at all!
However, I did manage to get a card done for this week….
I really love the floral images and patterns in the Perennial Essence Designer Series Paper collection but felt a bit intimidated by it. So to get started on something, I created the card front using this pretty floral pattern matted with Petal Pink and Blackberry Bliss card stock and mounted it on a Whisper White card stock base. This actually sat on my desk for about a week before I was inspired enough to create a card.
I stamped and layered the flowers from images in the Floral Essence stamp set multiple times in Blushing Bride and Highland Heather ink. I needed three stamped images for each flower: two large and one small. You can see the layering in the photo below. The leaves are from the Painted Harvest stamp set and are stamped in Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive ink on vellum. I punched them using the coordinated leaf punch. I like how they look muted against the DSP.
The sentiment is from a set I purchased long ago from Michaels but I absolutely love the fonts. I stamped it on vellum and heat embossed with white embossing powder. Lastly, I added a few Clear Epoxy Droplets.
The inside sentiment is also from the same set….
I’m pretty pleased with the way this card turned out and I’m slowly getting over my DSP intimidation! I’ve actually created another project with a different pattern from Perennial Essence DSP that I’ll post next week.
If you haven’t already heard by now, Stampin’ Up! has some really good promotions going on…
Now through July 31, 2019, you will earn a $5 coupon code on every $50 you spend with me in my store. Coupon codes will be emailed to you so be sure to save those emails. Redeem your coupon codes on orders in August. There is no limit to the number of coupons you can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion. There is no limit on the number of coupons you can use on an order during redemption.
Click Here for more information on Bonus Day Coupons
There’s an EXTRA Special recruiting promotion going on until August 31st…
- Get an EXTRA $56 in free product. Choose up to $155 in product for only $99 with FREE shipping.
- There’s also a FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit included.
- You’ll also receive a $10 coupon code to redeem on an additional order place by October 31st.
- As always, you’ll enjoy a 20-25% demonstrator discount on all future purchases while remaining an active demonstrator
- You’ll also enjoy being able to view new catalogs early and pre-order new products. Joining now will ensure your demonstrator status through December allowing you access to the upcoming Holiday catalog…always my favorite!
- There is never any obligation to make any further purchases beyond the starter kit. To continue being a demonstrator, you’re only required to have $300 in sales per quarter. These can be your own or customer sales. Remember: for personal sales this is $300 retail (before your discount is applied) making it even better!
Click Here more information about being a demonstrator.
To Join the Fun, Click Here