Welcome to the Pals’ July Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects that are “Mixing It Up” – adding texture that will really take your projects up a notch – or two! You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
My favorite way to simply add texture to my cards is heat embossing. Although it’s not a new or latest technique, it adds a little more dimension and interest to your projects.
For today’s card, I stamped the large floral image from the Floral Essence stamp set randomly on Whisper White card stock using Versa Fine Onyx Black ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. This eliminates any stray embossing powder that you may get if you used Versa Mark and black embossing powder. Then using the dots image from Painted Harvest stamp set, I stamped and embossed with gold embossing powder to fill in some of the white space. I colored the flowers with Flirty Flamingo Blends Combo. I repeated this on another piece of card stock, partially cut it out and glued it onto each flower giving them pretty dimension.
The flower centers are embellishments I had in my stash. They were originally white before I colored them gold using a Sharpie marker. They also provided a bit of texture.
Lastly, the sentiment is from Good Morning, Magnolia stamp set and embossed on vellum. It’s tucked under a flower petal and adhered with a glue dot.
The inside sentiment is also from the Floral Essence stamp set. I used a retired piece of Flirty Flamingo DSP and a strip of gold foil paper to embellish the inside as well as the envelope flap.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, August 14, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “Special Occasions” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping