Happy Monday! Today is my last day of summer vacation. It’s back to school tomorrow! I must admit that it’s been a good summer but as far as stamping goes, I didn’t get nearly as much done as I wanted to. So I resolved to step it up for the Fall. I’ve been creating with some of the new products from the Holiday catalog and they’ve got my creative juices flowing again. However, for today’s card I reached for the Animal Outing stamp set and coordinating Animal Friends thinlits to create a set of baby cards.
HERE’S THE DETAILS….
Materials & Measurements
Card Base is Petal Pink and Balmy Blue card stock: 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
Whisper White card stock: 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
Smoky Slate card stock: 5 1/4″ x 4″
Smoky Slate Gingham DSP: 4″x 3 7/8″
- Adhere the Smoky Slate panel directly to the Whisper White panel.
- Then layer them to the Petal Pink or Balmy Blue card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Smoky Slate Gingham layer was created using a Stitched border die that I had in my stash.
- All the images and dies are from the Animal Outing stamp set and Animal Friends thinlits with the exception of the flowers. I used a die from Lovely Flowers framelits.
- The sentiment is heat embossed in white embossing powder, hand cut and popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I colored the images with a variety of Stampin’ Blends. The colors are listed in the Product List at the end of the post.
- The inside sentiment is from the retired stamp set, Made with Love. I’m glad I hung onto this set as both the images and sentiments are so sweet.
I still love this set as much now as when it first came out a few catalogs ago. These cute animals are just perfect for a baby cards. HERE and HERE are a couple of cards I created with this set previously.
A few of my co-workers welcomed babies over the summer, so I’ll be giving these cards out tomorrow when I return to school. I think I’ll need to make a few more to have on hand.
Thanks for stopping in and I hope that you’re continuing to enjoy the summer.