Welcome to the Pals’ August Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects for “Special Occasions” – cards or projects that adds beauty to the special occasions we all love to make cards for! You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Today’s card is a bright and cheerful Summertime birthday card. I know that we’re being inundated with all things Fall just about now, however, I’m hanging onto summer just a bit longer.
Once again, I reached for the Floral Essence stamp set pairing it with the Buffalo Check stamp. These sets along with the color combination of Daffodil Delight and Real Red make for a charming country feel. I recently made another card HERE that had the same appeal.
To create the diagonal cut on the top layer of DSP, I used the largest die in the Stitched Rectangles. I also took a strip of Real Red card stock and using the same die, cut an edge piece along the longer side of the rectangle then trimmed it to fit along the edge of the DSP for a border. Here is the placement of the die.
In full disclosure, I cut the piece stamped with the Buffalo Check a bit too short. Next time I’ll wait to cut this piece after I’ve made the diagonal cut. Here’s my mistake…
Luckily, the placement of the flowers easily covered up where the two pieces didn’t meet. The flowers were layered and popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals. This set does not have framelits to cut these flowers, so I used a Scan n Cut. The leaves were stamped in Pear Pizzazz ink and punched using the Leaf Punch.
The sentiment is from the Dandelion Wishes stamp set and is cut with an oval die from the Stitched Shapes framelits and layered on a Real Red oval cut from the Layering Ovals framelits. The heart is a retired enamel shape.
The inside features two sentiments from the Special Celebrations stamp set.
To complete the project, I stamped on the front of the envelope. Creating a little inside and envelope coordination really pulls it all together for a one of a kind card.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, September 11, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “It’s the Sentiment that Counts” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
Thanks very much for stopping by today.