Greetings from Ocean City, MD! I’m spending a few fun-filled days with my whole family celebrating a BIG birthday. We don’t have the opportunity to do this very often, so it’s super special when we can. Last year, my husband had that same BIG birthday and we spent it in the Pocono Mountains. This year, it’s the Beach so my card today just seemed very appropriate. However, I actually created it for my husband, Steve’s birthday this week.
When I purchased the Sailing Home Suite at OnStage, I wasn’t sure that I would use all the elements. I’m happy to say, I was wrong! Between today’s card and this card HERE, every product in the suite was used.
HERE’S THE DETAILS….
Materials & Measurements
Whisper White thick card stock: 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
Night of Navy card stock: 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
Whisper White card stock: 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Adhere the Night of Navy panel to the Whisper White card base.
- Emboss the Whisper White layer using the Subltes embossing Folder.
- Sponge this layer with Balmy Blue ink to create a sky.
- Stamp the birds in the upper right corner with Crumb Cake ink.
- The waves were created with a overlay included in the Come Sail Away Memories & More Card Pack. It needed to be trimmed to fit.
- The sailboats were stamped in Night of Navy and Crumb Cake ink and adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Lastly, those sentiments are actually stickers also from the Memories & More Card Pack. Take a look at all that’s included in this pack. I think these paper packs are a terrific value and really stretch your creativity.
- Lastly, I embellished the envelope with a thin strip of Designer Series Paper from the Come Sail Away collection along with the rope die from the Smooth Sailing framelits and a stamped sailboat.
This is one product suite that I’m enjoying more than I thought I would. I have a few more masculine cards to make and I’m sure I’ll use this set for some of them.
I’ll leave you with a picture taken of our crew at the beach. Last year, we had t-shirts made for Steve’s birthday and this year I was surprised with beach towels. I laughed hysterically at the caricature of me as I’ve never worn a bikini in my life let alone when I’m turning 60!
Have a wonderful weekend,