Happy Friday! Don’t you love those two words? I’m excited to be spending the weekend with a couple of my stamping sisters. While I love to have a weekend with lots of time to stamp, having one stamping with friends is even better.
I took a little break from creating Fall projects (no leaves today!) and made a birthday card for my Son-in-Law, James. He always enjoys the cards I send to him and my daughter, Elizabeth. James is a suit and tie guy during the week, so I thought he would get a kick out of this card. I sent him the Very Vanilla shirt, which is more his style! I love that we can customize our cards this way.
I’m really pleased with the way they turned out. However, I take no credit for the design. I found the directions on Pinterest. HERE’s the link to Kimberly’s website.
I wanted to incorporate some current Designer Series Paper and found the perfect pattern in the Brightly Gleaming DSP collection. This collection is so pretty with lots of shimmer and shine for the holidays. But definitely not just a holiday collection asthere are patterns that would work well for other occasions, too.
Here’s the Details…
Materials & Measurements
- Pretty Peacock card base: 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ top fold
- Shirt – Very Vanilla card stock and DSP: cut at 4″ x 6 1/8″
- Tie – Pretty Peacock card stock and DSP: cut at 4″ x 4″
- The shirt pocket measure 3/4″ x 1″ with a 1/4″ x 3/4″ cuff
- The handkerchief is just a piece of scrap from card stock and DSP
- I followed the directions HERE. I found these directions very easy to follow.
- I added a retired enamel dots to the collar.
- Add a few mini glue dots underneath the collar to keep it down.
I’m really glad I found this tutorial and now have it in my file. Not only is this card great for a masculine birthday but would be perfect for a job promotion, graduation card for someone starting their first job, or a new job. It would also be fun finding different patterns to design the shirt and tie.
In anticipation of Fall…I will be sending out 3 free tutorials all this month featuring the Come to Gather suite from the Holiday Catalog for any order of $40 or more (after tax and shipping). Each tutorial will include full color photos and clear step by step instructions for creating 3 very different cards using these products. These tutorials will not appear on the blog and will only be available to those who place an order. Along with the tutorials, I will be sending another completed card created with the Come to Gather Suite of products for you to keep or send. You can shop HERE on my online store.
I’ve also added a Hostess Code for you to use for the month of September: 3GRFQMTP
- For any $50 – $149.99 orders (total before shipping and tax) please add Host Code
- $150 or more order (total before shipping and tax) please DO NOT add the host code. You will automatically earn Stampin’ Rewards!
- In addition, any order of $75 or more, will qualify for this month’s free gift from me. September’s free gift is the Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
There’s still time to take advantage of the Designer Series Paper Buy 3 Get 1 Free offer. From now until September 30th, you can buy three packages of select Designer Series Paper, and get one FREE!
If you’re not currently working with a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now button on the right side of the blog to go directly to my online store or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Thanks very much for stopping by today and I hope you have an enjoyable weekend!