Are you ready for Fall? This is just about the time that I want the air to be crisp, the mums and pumpkins on my porch and the leaves to be colorful. However, here in Southeastern PA we are weeks away from that. Although the mums and pumpkins will show up soon! It seems my card making has also turned to all things autumn.
I’m continuing my infatuation with the Floral Essence stamp set, especially these pretty flowers. So I chose a fall-like color palette for the flowers on today’s thank you card.
Here’s the Details…
Materials & Measurements
- Whisper White thick card stock: cut at 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2, score at 4 1/4″
- Basic Black card stock: cut (2) at 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- Come to Gather DSP: cut at 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Whisper White card stock: cut at 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Using a die from the Stitched Nested Labels dies, create a window in the center of the Basic Black panel. Chose a size that would fit the sentiment.
- With the next larger die from the same die set, create another window in the center of the DSP panel.
- Glue the DSP panel onto the Basic Black layer to create a matted window for the sentiment.
- Adhere both layers to the Whisper White card base.
- Stamp the sentiment, from the Seasonal Wreaths stamp set available in the Holiday Catalog, onto the Whisper White card base in the center of the window.
- The flowers are created by stamping a variety of the large and small flowers from the Floral Essence stamp set. I used Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Cherry Cobbler and Gorgeous Grape ink.
- Layer the flowers with Stampin’ Dimensionals to create pretty dimension.
- The leaves are stamped in Old Olive ink and punched with the Leaf Punch.
- Arrange the flowers and leaves around the window and adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Layer the second piece of Basic Black card stock and the Whisper White card stock to create the inside panel.
- A flower stamped in Cherry Cobbler gives the inside a pretty touch and leaves plenty of room for a personal note.
- The envelope flap is embellished with DSP and a strip of Basic Black card stock.
If you follow my blog, you know that I create a lot with flowers. The Floral Essence stamp set has been one of my favorite sets from the Annual Catalog and one I’ve used quite a bit. You can see a couple other cards, I’ve made with this set HERE and HERE. And I’m sure there will be more to come from this terrific set.
In celebration of the Holiday Catalog and the promise of Fall…I will be sending out 3 free tutorials all this month featuring the Come to Gather suite from the Holiday Catalog for any order of $40 or more (after tax and shipping). Each tutorial will include full color photos and clear step by step instructions for creating 3 very different cards using these products. These tutorials will not appear on the blog and will only be available to those who place an order. Along with the tutorials, I will be sending another completed card created with the Come to Gather Suite of products for you to keep or send. You can shop HERE on my online store.
I’ve also added a Hostess Code for you to use for the month of September: 3GRFQMTP
- For any $50 – $149.99 orders (total before shipping and tax) please add Host Code
- $150 or more order (total before shipping and tax) please DO NOT add the host code. You will automatically earn Stampin’ Rewards!
- In addition, any order of $75 or more, will qualify for this month’s free gift from me. September’s free gift is the Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
If you’re not currently working with a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now button on the right side of the blog to go directly to my online store or email me at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Thanks very much for stopping by today and I hope you’re heading into a wonderful week.