Monday already! I hope you had a relaxing weekend and are ready for another week ahead. I have to admit that it’s been a bit of a rough start to the school year and I’m hoping things will settle down soon at the elementary school where I work. However, I got a lot of stamping done this weekend, so I’m recharged for the week! Does stamping relax or recharge you, too?
If you’ve been following me recently, you’ve seen me use the Gather Together Bundle quite a bit. I just can’t seem to get enough of the embossed leaves in the Gathered Leaves dies. They’re just so perfect for Fall creating and I know I’ll be using them more this season. Today’s card is similar to the one I did last week. I guess you can say that I CASED myself. You can see that card HERE.
Here’s the Details…
Materials & Measurements
- Whisper White Thick card base: cut at 4 1/4″ x 11, scored at 5 1/2″ for a top fold
- Come to Gather DSP: cut at 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ for front panel, 3 3/4″ x 3/4″ for inside panel,
- Basic Black card stock for Stitched frame, 5 1/4″ x 4″ for inside mat, 3 3/4″ x 1/4″ for inside
- Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz and Cherry Cobbler card stock for leaves
- Whisper White card stock: cut at 5″ x 3 3/4″ for inside sentiment
- Glue DSP to card base.
- Using two dies from the Stitched Rectangles dies, cut a frame with Basic Black card stock and glue to the center of the DSP panel. Depending on the size and width of your frame will determine which size dies you use.
- Stamp the sentiment in upper right hand corner of the framed area. I stamped in Versa Fine Black Onyx ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
- Cut a variety of leaves from the Gathered Leaves dies and create a spray by arranging them in the lower left hand corner of the frame.
- Adhere leaves with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The little branches were cut from Crumb Cake card stock using a die from the Flourish dies and glued underneath the leaves.
- Color Rhinestone Basic Jewels with a Dark Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blend and adhere to the end of the branches.*
*I created this card a while ago and it just sat on my desk as I knew it needed a little more pizzazz and couldn’t quite figure out what. I tried a few different things but nothing really excited me until I added this little bit of bling!
- Lastly, using several strands of Linen Thread, tie a bow and adhere with a mini glue dot to the center of the spray.
- I kept the inside simple with a sentiment from the Gather Together stamp set and a bit of DSP and a thin strip of Basic Black card stock.
- An embellished envelope using a bit more card stock and DSP ties it all together.
I’m having such fun with the Come to Gather Suite of products. So much so that I’ll be thinking outside the box to come up with some projects for occasions other than Fall and Thanksgiving. Stay tuned…
If you’d like even more ideas using these products…I will be sending out 3 free tutorials all this month featuring the Come to Gather suite from the Holiday Catalog for any order of $40 or more (after tax and shipping). Each tutorial will include full color photos and clear step by step instructions for creating 3 very different cards using these products. These tutorials will not appear on the blog and will only be available to those who place an order. Along with the tutorials, I will be sending another completed card created with the Come to Gather Suite of products for you to keep or send. You can shop HERE on my online store.
I’ve also added a Hostess Code for you to use for the month of September: 3GRFQMTP
- For any $50 – $149.99 orders (total before shipping and tax) please add Host Code
- $150 or more order (total before shipping and tax) please DO NOT add the host code. You will automatically earn Stampin’ Rewards!
- In addition, any order of $75 or more, will qualify for this month’s free gift from me. September’s free gift is the Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
There’s still time to take advantage of the Designer Series Paper Buy 3 Get 1 Free offer. From now until September 30th, you can buy three packages of select Designer Series Paper, and get one FREE!
If you’re not currently working with a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now button on the right side of the blog to go directly to my online store or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Thanks very much for stopping by today,
For quick and easy ordering, just click on any of the products below…