Happy Friday…I’m doing the dance and I hope you are too! While I’m excited to share some Fall projects, I wanted to share the gift card holder I created for my daughter, Emily’s birthday this past week.
I paired the polka dot background pattern from the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper collection with the flowers that were hand cut from a pattern from the Mosaic Mood DSP. I was really happy with how they worked so well together.
Here’s the Details
Materials & Measurements
- Whisper White thick card stock: cut at 8 1/2″ x 11″ and score at 2 3/4″ & 5 1/2″
- Garden Green card stock: cut (1) at 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and cut (2) at 2 5/8″ x 4 1/8″
- Bird Ballad DSP: cut (1) at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and cut (2) at 2 1/2″ x 4″
- Whisper White: cut 2 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ (for inside sentiment)
- Fold left hand side of the Whisper White thick card stock to create an inside pocket.
- Do not glue yet.
- Affix the Garden Green card stock to the Whisper White thick card base on each panel.
- Glue DSP to Garden Green card stock.
- Using the smallest circle die from the Layering Circles framelits, create a notch in the inside panel. This will allow the gift card to peek out.
- Glue the pocket along the edge to create the pocket. I used a strip of Tear & Tape which I cut to 1/8″.
- The inside sentiment is two stamps from the Beautiful Bouquet stamp set. I lined both stamps up on the same block. It’s stamped with Versafine Black Onyx ink.
- After hand cutting the flowers and butterfly from a pattern included in the Mosaic Mood Designer Series Paper, I popped the images with Stampin’ Dimensionals on the small front panel.
- The sentiment on the front is from the Meant to Be stamp set. It’s stamped in Versa Mark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder on Petal Pink card stock.
- I cut and layered the sentiment on ovals from the Layering Ovals framelits.
- I embellished the envelope with a strip of DSP and card stock along with another flower cut from the DSP. This makes such a pretty presentation, especially if you are hand delivering the card.
This is an easy fold to present a gift card whether hand delivering or sending through the mail. I’ll definitely be using it again.
In celebration of the Holiday Catalog and the promise of Fall…I will be sending out 3 free tutorials all this month featuring the Come to Gather suite from the Holiday Catalog for any order of $40 or more (after tax and shipping). Each tutorial will include full color photos and clear step by step instructions for creating 3 very different cards using these products. These tutorials will not appear on the blog and will only be available to those who place an order. Along with the tutorials, I will be sending another completed card created with the Come to Gather Suite of products for you to keep or send. You can shop HERE on my online store.
I’ve also added a Hostess Code for you to use for the month of September: 3GRFQMTP
- For any $50 – $149.99 orders (total before shipping and tax) please add Host Code
- $150 or more order (total before shipping and tax) please DO NOT add the host code. You will automatically earn Stampin’ Rewards!
- In addition, any order of $75 or more, will qualify for this month’s free gift from me. September’s free gift is the Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
Thanks very much for stopping by today and I hope you’ll have an opportunity to sit and enjoy the Holiday catalog. If you haven’t received a catalog and would like one, please let me know. It can also be viewed online HERE.
Take care and have a wonderful weekend,