Can’t believe it’s Friday already! Although I’m certainly not complaining about that, this week went by incredibly fast and now I’m looking forward to a 3 day weekend as school is closed on Monday…Yay!
Today I’m sharing two cards created with one of the dies (my favorite one) from the Tasteful Backgrounds dies. When I saw these in the Annual Catalog, I though of so many ideas for them and I’m finally getting around to executing a few…so many fun products, so few crafting hours!
While creating the card above, a bit more inspiration hit and a Christmas card was born. The color combination on this one is Garden Green and Real Red.
Each card has the same exact layout and measurements:
- The card base measures 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Whisper White panel measures 4 x 5 1/4
- Gingham DSP from the Regals 6″x6″ collection cut at 3″x3″
- A small strip of gingham DSP measures 5 1/4″x1/4″ for the card front and another 1/2″ strip for the envelope front
- Crop the pointed flower die from the Tasteful Backgrounds dies on the left hand side of the Whisper White panel. Then emboss with the Subtles embossing folder. Do not adhere yet.
- Using the 3″x3″ DSP piece, position it on the card base under the flower cut-out. Glue to the card base.
- Wrap a piece of ribbon around the embossed panel and add the 1/4″ DSP strip.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, adhere this panel to the card base.
- For each sentiment, I used a combination of oval dies from the Stitched Dies and Layering Ovals die.
- The Hello sentiment is from the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set and the Christmas sentiment is from the Tidings All Around stamp set.
- I used Real Red 3/8″ Cotton Ribbon and Garden Green 3/8″ Double-Stitched Ribbon.
- Lastly, the flowers are embellished with Toile Tidings Glitter Enamel Dots.
I feel like I got a bonus with this project as my idea to create a simple Thinking of You card actually turned into a Holiday card for my stash also.
FREE Come to Gather tutorials…I will be sending out 3 free tutorials all this month featuring the Come to Gather suite from the Holiday Catalog for any order of $40 or more (after tax and shipping). Each tutorial will include full color photos and clear step by step instructions for creating 3 very different cards using these products. These tutorials will not appear on the blog and will only be available to those who place an order. Along with the tutorials, I will be sending another completed card created with the Come to Gather Suite of products for you to keep or send. You can shop HERE on my online store.
Steve and I are headed to the Jersey shore for the weekend. Since the weather here is actually more like August than September, we’re going to squeeze in a couple of beach days. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, as well!