Happy Friday! I hope you have some fun and/or relaxing plans for the weekend. I’ll be spending a lot of it crafting as I’m getting ready for an upcoming Craft Fair. I’m also very excited to see Carrie Underwood in concert in Philadelphia tomorrow night. I’m a big country music fan and have seen a lot of performers in concert but this will be the first time seeing her. This weekend also promises to be the first “true” Autumn weekend here with much cooler temperatures…I’ll definitely take that!
One of my favorite things about Fall is Chrysanthemums. I love them and all their pretty colors. I usually buy them too early in the season and have to replace them just about now but I’m ok with that! Stampin’ Up! doesn’t have a mum in the current catalogs, so I improvised a bit and used the flower from the Flourishing Phrases stamp set and called it a mum.
- The A2 (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) card base is Merry Merlot card stock.
- I cut a Come to Gather DSP pattern at 4 1/8″ x 3 3/4″ and placed it so that the bottom and 2 sides were 1/8″ shorter around the card base.
- Next I cut a piece of Merry Merlot card stock to 4 1/8″ x 1 3/4″ and placed it so that the top and sides were 1/8″ shorter around the card base. I had a little bit of overlapping. To rectify that I cut a 1/2″ x 4 1/8″ strip of Cajun Craze card stock to cover the overlap.
- I stamped two flowers in each of these colors: Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Cherry Cobbler ink. Then hand cut them. I cut off the outer petals on one of each color and layered it with Stampin’ Dimensionals on top of the full flower.
- Each flower is then layered on the card with more dimensionals.
- The sentiment is from the Painted Harvest stamp set and is stamped in Early Espresso ink.
- The envelope flap is embellished with an embossed piece of Merry Merlot card stock using the Stylish Scroll Embossing Folder and glued to the envelope flap.
I really enjoyed using this well loved stamp set again. Sometimes with all the new products, I sometimes forget to reach for the sets that have been around for a while. Pairing an older set with new paper and a new embossing folder gave new life to an old favorite!
October Tutorials …a new set of exclusive tutorials free with a $40 or more (before shipping & tax) purchase from my online shop. This month I’m featuring the Tidings All Around Bundle as well as the coordinating, Seasonal Wreaths stamp set. The bundle features the Tidings All Around stamp set and the All Around Wreath dies. The dies also coordinate with the Seasonal Wreaths stamp set to give these products added versatility. They can be used year-round for so many different occasions.
If you’re not currently working with a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now button on the right side of the blog to go directly to my online store or email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Thanks very much for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!