Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects for “Layer It Up” – showcasing our favorite Designer Series Paper and embellishments. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Although I have been making Christmas cards, I wanted to create a few more Thanksgiving cards to send out this year. Thanksgiving has always been a big card giving and receiving holiday in my family and I’m happy to see that the trend is really catching on and not just among card makers. For us, it’s alway been a way to send the ultimate “thank you” to our friends and family.
My card today is “layered up” with my favorite DSP: the gingham pattern in the 6 x 6 DSP collections. While I like each and every color, this card features Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Mossy Meadow and Cherry Cobbler from the Regals and Neutrals collection. I used the Layering Squares and Stitched Shapes dies to create the colored boxes and just spaced them as evenly as I could on the 5 x 5 Very Vanilla thick card base.
Next I created an array of Fall leaves, sprigs and branches from a variety of dies. The large leaves are from the Gathered Leaves dies.
The sentiment, from the Gather Together stamp set is stamped in Cajun Craze ink and cut with a die from the Stitched Nested Labels dies. Stampin’ Dimensionals give it a little “lift”.
The inside sentiment is from the Country Home stamp set and the leaf is from the Gather Together stamp set. I stamped off once with Crumb Cake ink on the leaf stamp to mute it a bit so that the sentiment was crisper.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, December 11th, for our Retirement Fun Fold Party when our Design Team showcase projects using retiring products from the Holiday Catalog with a fun fold card. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
Thanks for stopping by today.