Good Monday to you! As we are hunkered down for another week of staying home and hopefully safe, I’m so thankful for a lot of things and stamping is among them. I’ve been kept busy these past few weeks doing something I absolutely love and enjoy. I’ve also been doing a little cross-stitching as well as a lot of reading. Also walking so I don’t miss the beautiful spring outside. I hope you’re finding lots to do as well. Let me know in the comments below what your doing to keep busy and your mind on better things.
My card today is another result of playing with the Ornate Garden Designer Series Paper. I usually have a problem using all the DSP in a collection. However, I’ve already opened my second pack of this one.
Materials & Measurements
- Whisper White Thick card stock: cut at 4 1/4″ x 11, scored at 5 1/2″
- Gold Foil: cut at 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- DSP panel: cut at 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Whisper White banner: cut at 2 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Gold Foil for banner
- Whisper White & Gold Foil scraps for daisies
- Adhere the gold foil and DSP panels directly to the card base creating 1/8″ margins for each.
- Using the Ornate Layers Dies, cut the scalloped banner from gold foil.
- Special Note: I cut the banner from the center of the gold foil panel to save a little paper. It’s not evident, once the DSP is glued over it.
- On the Whisper White banner piece, stamp the sentiment which is from the Colorful Seasons stamp set in Versa Mark ink and heat emboss with gold embossing powder.
- Affix this to the gold scalloped banner and glue to the top center of the card.
- Stamp 3 small daisies from Daisy Lane stamp set in Versa Mark ink and heat emboss them in gold embossing powder. Punch with the medium daisy punch.
- Punch an additional 3 daisies from gold foil and 3 from Whisper White card stock. Layer to create each flower.
- Add the flowers to the bottom of the banner with dimensionals.
- I kept the inside very simple and just stamp another daisy and heat embossed it on Whisper White card stock.
- It’s matted on a piece of gold foil. I cut another scalloped banner from this piece also to use on another project.
This card could be used for many different occasions: wedding, anniversary, birthday, thinking of you, thank you and more. Just pick an appropriate sentiment for the inside or write your own personal note. I think it’s good to have a few of these types of cards on hand.
You can find more inspiration HERE using the Ornate Garden Designer Series Paper along with a tutorial offer for pretty Gift Card Holders that are perfect for any occasion.
Once again, I thank you for spending some time with me today and hope you have a good day. I’m going to try to reflect on the fact that it’s Holy Week and despite the fact that it certainly won’t be like any other Easter, there’s still much to be thankful for and rejoice in.
Please take care of yourself and those you love,
******APRIL MONTHLY BONUS REWARDS ******
I’m truly appreciative of each and every order. To show my appreciation, here’s what you’ll receive during the month of April…
- 3 Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp set of the month with any order of $50 (before tax & shipping). As you probably guessed, this month’s set is Ornate Garden and Ornate Thanks.
- A sample pack of 12 6 x 6 pieces of the Ornate Garden Designer Series Paper and the 3 Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp set of the month for any order of $75 or more (before tax & shipping)
- Every order will receive a handmade card. This month’s card is a pretty gift card holder that can be used for any occasion and would be perfect for Mother’s Day.
- Ornate Garden Gift Card Holder and tutorial offer.
APRIL HOST CODE: MY6FAQU2
Please use the host code above when you shop through my online store. However, if your order is $150 or more, there’s no need to use the code as you’ll receive your own Stampin’ Rewards. Click HERE to shop