Happy(finally) Friday…the first week of a new distance learning curriculum at school just finished up and it feels like it lasted three weeks. Our schools in PA are closed for the remainder of the school year, so our students are continuing to learn online. We even have a virtual recess! I’m really looking forward to spending the weekend in the craft room.
I created today’s card earlier this week using the beautiful floral image from the Ornate Style stamp set. If you’ve been following me for a while, you may have noticed that I’m particularly partial to flowers and this one really excited me. There is so much you could do with it. You can see another card I created with it HERE. I’m also looking forward to coloring it.
Materials & Measurements
- Very Vanilla Thick cardstock: 11″ x 4 1/4″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Gold Foil Sheet: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Ornate Garden DSP: 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Old Olive cardstock: 5 1/4″ x 4″ (inside)
- Very Vanilla cardstock: 5″ x 3 3/4″ (inside)
- Cut a scalloped oval from the Layering Ovals dies from the center of the Gold Foil sheet. Set aside. This is a great way to say paper, especially specialty paper.
- Glue the DSP panel to the Gold Foil, leaving a 1/8″ margin on either side.
- Wrap a piece of Old Olive ribbon, from the Ornate Garden Ribbon Combo around the card as pictured. Adhere a small bow using a mini glue dot.
- Glue this panel directly to the card base.
- Stamp the floral image from the Ornate Style stamp set with Versa Mark ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and heat emboss with gold embossing powder.
- Using another oval from the Layering Ovals dies, cut the image. You can position the oval die any number of ways to get the partial image you like.
- Adhere the embossed oval to the gold foil scalloped oval. Pop onto the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The sentiment, from the Ornate Thanks stamp set, is also heat embossed in gold and punched using the Classic Label punch. I added another label punched in gold foil. This is also popped with dimensionals.
- Add a Gilded Gem for a pretty finishing touch.
- The Very Vanilla panel is embellished with 1/4″ strips of DSP and glued to the Old Olive panel before gluing to the inside of the card
- Another DSP and gold foil strip create a coordinated envelope.
I’m really happy that Stampin’ Up released the Ornate Garden Suite early as I’ve been having a great time with all the products. I don’t think I’ll tire of creating with this suite for a very long time…hopefully you won’t tire of seeing my creations!
******APRIL MONTHLY BONUS REWARDS ******
I’m truly appreciative of each and every order. To show my appreciation, here’s what you’ll receive during the month of April…
- 3 Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp set of the month with any order of $50 (before tax & shipping). As you probably guessed, this month’s set is Ornate Garden and Ornate Thanks.
- A sample pack of 12 6 x 6 pieces of the Ornate Garden Designer Series Paper and the 3 Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp set of the month for any order of $75 or more (before tax & shipping)
- Every order will receive a handmade card. This month’s card is a pretty gift card holder that can be used for any occasion and would be perfect for Mother’s Day.
- Ornate Garden Gift Card Holder and tutorial offer. See details HERE
APRIL HOST CODE: MY6FAQU2
Please use the host code above when you shop through my online store. However, if your order is $150 or more, there’s no need to use the code as you’ll receive your own Stampin’ Rewards. Click HERE to shop
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a peaceful and relaxing weekend.
Please take care,