Hello…it’s Saturday but then again every day this week felt like Saturday! I hope you are doing well. We’ve been doing our part by staying home. Fortunately, my husband and I enjoy walking so that’s been our outdoor activity at least twice a day. We also have an ongoing scrabble game with a $$ prize that usually lasts a few days at a time. And we developed the perfect amount of togetherness and alone time for our hobbies. So needless to say, I’ve been spending a lot of time in the craft room!
My card today features a pattern from the new Ornate Garden Designer Series Paper. Here, have a look…
With so many pretty patterns in this paper collection, it’s hard to pick a favorite. But this pretty floral with a touch of gold metallic is at the top of my list.
Materials & Measurements
- Whisper White thick card base: cut at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Petal Pink card stock layer: cut at 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- Whisper White card stock rectangular panel: see explanation below
- Petal Pink card stock (inside panel): cut at 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Whisper White card stock (inside panel): cut at 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Subtle DSP & Petal Pink card stock scraps (for inside panel and envelope)
- After preparing all the cuts mentioned above, I cut 3 stitched squares from Gold Foil using the Stitched Shapes dies.
- Using a square die a little smaller than the stitched one from the Layering Squares dies, I then cut 3 squares from the DSP.
- I colored random corner flowers on the DSP squares using the Dark Petal Pink Stampin’ Blend before adhering it to the stitched gold foil square.
- Then I glued the gold foil to the rectangular Whisper White panel, which was then glued to the Petal Pink mat. Instead of trying to measure the rectangular panel, I simply glued the squares leaving to a piece of Whisper White card stock and trimmed around them, leaving a very thin border. I know this is not very precise but it worked for me.
- Using the Stamparatus, I positioned the sentiment, which is from Good Morning Magnolia stamp set and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.
- I wrapped a piece of retired gold baker’s twine around the card twice and tied the bow.
- Lastly, this panel was adhered to the card base with a piece of fun foam for added dimension .
- Keeping the inside simple, I stamped the sentiment, also from Good Morning, Magnolia with Early Espresso ink and added a strip from the 6 x 6 Subtle DSP.
I know that the Ornate Garden Suite of products has only been released this week, but I probably have a month’s worth of projects already created with it. But I promise to highlight other sets and products in between!
Thank you for taking time from your day to stop by. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and find time to relax and enjoy some peacefulness in the midst of the uncertainty we find ourselves in these days.
******APRIL MONTHLY BONUS REWARDS ******
I’m truly appreciative of each and every order. To show my appreciation, here’s what you’ll receive during the month of April…
- 3 Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp set of the month with any order of $50 (before tax & shipping). As you probably guessed, this month’s set is Ornate Garden and Ornate Thanks.
- A sample pack of 12 6 x 6 pieces of the Ornate Garden Designer Series Paper and the 3 Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp set of the month for any order of $75 or more (before tax & shipping)
- Every order will receive a handmade thank you card from me that you can save or resend.
APRIL HOST CODE: MY6FAQU2
Please use the host code above when you shop through my online store. However, if your order is $150 or more, there’s no need to use the code as you’ll receive your own Stampin’ Rewards. Click HERE to shop
Please take care and stay well,