Hello…happy Wednesday (I hope)! The days are just all running into each other for me in this new normal we’re now experiencing. However, with all the uncertainty and risk that healthcare workers and all others who are still out there doing their jobs are facing, there is no room in my life for complaints. I’m keeping them all in my daily prayers while trying to keep a positive attitude and staying safely at home.
On a lighter note…I’m excited to share that the new Ornate Garden Suite of products is now available. These products are being released early and will be carried in the new 2020-2021 Annual Catalog. I’ve been creating with them for about a week and I must say that I’m having a hard time stopping. Take a look at the video for a glimpse of all the stamping goodness this suite has to offer…
…and here is one of the cards I came up with using a few of the products from the Ornate Garden suite.
As soon as I saw that the Ornate Garden Designer Series Paper featured daisies, I was one happy stamper! I’m offering a free sample pack of this pretty paper as part of my monthly rewards for April. You can see all the details at the end of the post.
Daisies just make me smile! I absolutely love the Daisy and Medium Daisy punches. They make creating these darling flowers just so easy. I’ve used both many times and was very pleased to take them out again.
Materials & Measurements
- Card Base: Whisper White Thick Card Stock cut at 11″ x 4 1/4″, scored at 5 1/2″
- DSP: cut at 5 3/8″ x 1 1/2″
- Old Olive Card Stock: cut at 5 3/8″ x 1″ and 5 3/8″ x 2″
- Whisper White Card Stock: cut at 5 3/8″ x 7/8″ and 5 3/8″ x 1 7/8″
- Old Olive Card Stock: cut at 5 1/4″ x 4″ (for inside)
- Whisper White Card Stock: cut at 5″ x 3 3/4″ (for inside)
- Adhere the DSP panel about 1/16″ from the card base top and bottom and about 3/4″ in from the left side of the card base.
- Emboss the two Whisper White panels with the Subtle Embossing Folder and glue to the Old Olive panels leaving a 1/16″ border on either side.
- Cut two Whisper White borders from the Ornate Borders dies and glue to the Old Olive panels.
- Using Foam Adhesive Strips, adhere both panels leaving a thin, even border.around the card base as this creates a pretty 3D effect around the DSP.
- Punch 6 daisies from the Medium Daisy punch in Whisper White card stock. I embossed 4 of them with the Subtle Embossing Folder. I really liked the interesting texture it gave them.
- The leaves, from the Floral Essence stamp set, are stamped in Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive ink and punch with the Leaf Punch.
- The Daisy centers were punch from the retired Owl Punch but you can use any small circle punch in Crushed Curry and Early Espresso card stock.
- The flower on the right is glued directly to the card. The one on the left is adhered with a dimensional.
- The sentiment is from the Timeless Tropical stamp set and punched with the Classic Label punch. This little punch is great for small sentiments.
- The sentiment strip is adhered with a couple of mini dimensionals.
- The inside sentiment, from the Honey Bee stamp set, is stamped in Early Espresso ink
- As always, I love to coordinate the inside of the card and envelope.
Pairing the daisies with just a strip of the Garden Ornate Designer Series Paper doesn’t overwhelm them while still giving the card a pretty clean look.
Like I said, another thing to love about this beautiful collection is that it will be in the new Annual Catalog, so we’ll have plenty of time to enjoy it! To see all the products featured in the Ornate Garden Suite, click HERE
******APRIL MONTHLY BONUS REWARDS ******
I’m truly appreciative of each and every order. To show my appreciation, here’s what you’ll receive during the month of April…
- 3 Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp set of the month with any order of $50 (before tax & shipping). As you probably guessed, this month’s set is Ornate Garden and Ornate Thanks.
- A sample pack of 12 6 x 6 pieces of the Ornate Garden Designer Series Paper and the 3 Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp set of the month for any order of $75 or more (before tax & shipping)
- Every order will receive a handmade thank you card from me that you can save or resend.
APRIL HOST CODE: MY6FAQU2
Please use the host code above when you shop through my online store. However, if your order is $150 or more, there’s no need to use the code as you’ll receive your own Stampin’ Rewards. Click HERE to shop
Thank you once again for stopping by and I hope you’ll take some time for yourself today to do something that brings you joy!
Please take care,
I love the elegant look of your card. Very creative.
Thank you, Diane!
Beautiful card Rosanne!!
Thanks very much, Mary Anne!
This is absolutely stunning! I adore it!
Thanks very much, Ruthie!
Daisies make me smile too as did your card Rosanne. It’s beautiful. Love the embossing on the petals.
Thanks very much, Kylie!