Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! While the COVID 19 pandemic is adding stress to our lives, we Pals hope this blog hop will help to lift your spirits. Let us inspire you to take a creative break and relax for a little while. This month our theme is “Special Occasions” where we have made a project for just about any occasion you can think of! You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Today I’m sharing some pretty gift card holders for several different occasions. I had such a good time combing through my stamps and supplies to come up with just the right sentiments and embellishments for each one. I pulled from a lot of different stamp sets and dies to create this pretty trio. While each card is different, they all have a few things in common.
- I used the Best Dressed Designer Series Paper on each of them. The floral images in this 6 x 6 paper collection are simply beautiful.
- The pretty scalloped trim on each front flap is from the Ornate Border dies.
- On the inside, I used a small Stitched Rectangle to cut the opening for the gift card.
Here’s a look at each one….
Obviously, the occasion here is a birthday. I used the Label Me Pretty stamp set and heat embossed the image in white embossing powder, then punched it with the coordinating Pretty Label punch. The small flowers are from the Bouquet Bunch dies.
The inside sentiment is from the Beautiful Friendship stamp set and is stamped in Lovely Lipstick ink.
For a special Thank You, the sentiment from the So Sentimental stamp set worked well. It’s stamped in Blackberry Bliss ink and cut using the coordinating Stitched So Sweetly dies. The flower is stamped using the Beautiful Friendship stamp set in Gorgeous Grape ink and hand cut.
I reached for the Painted Harvest stamp set for the inside sentiment here. Again, it’s stamped in Blackberry Bliss ink.
I chose this one as a Mother’s Day card. I thought the sentiment, from the Beautiful Bouquet stamp set was perfect. It’s stamped in Melon Mambo ink and cut out with the Layering Oval dies. The flowers were also stamped from the Beautiful Bouquet stamp set and cut with the coordinating Bouquet Bunch dies.
The inside sentiment is from the Tea Together stamp set. This one is my favorite. I created this to send to my daughter, Emily, for Mother’s Day. I’m hoping I’ll be able to spend some time with her that day but I guess that’s still uncertain. So I wanted something especially pretty to give her with a gift card.
I’ll be posting another gift card holder tomorrow using the Ornate Garden Designer Series Paper. I’ll also have a tutorial offer for these cards. You can see those HERE.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for Wednesday, May 13th, when we will say “Goodbye to January Mini and 2019 Annual Catalog and/or Hello to 2020 Annual Catalog.” The Design Team will showcase their favorites from the retiring catalogs or new products from the new catalog. Don’t miss the fun! And, until then, please stay safe.
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, Ink
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
Thanks for stopping by today and enjoy the Hop!
Take care and be well,