It’s Friday!…does that even make a difference right now? It still does a bit for me as I’m a day or two closer to our weekly visit with our grandson, Jack. We visit strictly outside at a distance with no hugs or kisses. However just watching him laugh and play is truly the highlight of our life, so I’ve no complaints.
I do have a small complaint about the retiring color family 6×6 DSP, though. I wish it wasn’t retiring! I loved each and every pattern in this year’s collection, but no more so than the gingham. It looked great in every single color and I found so many uses for it. So before it goes in a couple of weeks, I’m going to squeeze out a few more projects.
While the big, bold Magnolia takes center stage on today’s card, I especially like how the Gray Granite gingham background softly compliments it.
Materials & Measurements
- Gray Granite card base: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Basic Black cardstock: 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Petal Pink cardstock: 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
- Gray Granite DSP: 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Note: I used the same measurements for the inside substituting Whisper White cardstock for the DSP.
- After adhering the Basic Black, Petal Pink and DSP panels, wrap a piece of 1/2″ Gray Granite Textured Weave Ribbon around them.
- Then glue to the Gray Granite card base.
- The magnolia is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, heat embossed with black embossing powder and colored with Stampin’ Blends: Petal Pink light & dark, Old Olive light & dark and Mango Melody dark.
- Since the card has a few layers already, I glued the flower directly to the DSP instead of lifting it with dimensionals.
- The “hello” is from To A Wild Rose stamp set. I stamped it in black ink and cut it using the Scan n’ Cut, creating the black mat as well.
I can honestly say that I enjoy creating the inside and envelope of each card as much as I enjoy creating the front.
- I added strips of DSP and cardstock to the bottom of the Whisper White panel.
- Then I lined up the simple sentiment using the Stamparatus, keeping in mind where I wanted to place the small flower.
- The flower is also heat embossed in black embossing powder and colored with Stampin’ Blends.
- After little embellishing to the side of envelope, I called it a card!
Even though the DSP is retiring, I’m happy that the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set and Magnolia Memory Dies will be returning in the new catalog. Although, they will not be available as a bundle at the 10% savings. You can still take advantage of the bundle price until June 2nd.
Here are a few more cards using the 6 x 6 gingham DSP…
Petal Pink…details HERE
Flirty Flamingo, Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green…details HERE
Rococo Rose, Balmy Blue, Purple Posy…details HERE
Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Mossy Meadow….details HERE
Crushed Curry, Real Red,Old Olive…details HERE
I guess it’s safe to say that I’ve really enjoyed this Designer Series Paper!
******MAY MONTHLY BONUS REWARDS ******
I’m truly appreciative of each and every order. To show my appreciation, here’s what you’ll receive during the month of May…
- 3 Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp set of the month with any order of $50 (before tax & shipping). This month’s set is To a Wild Rose Bundle
- A sample pack of 12 6 x 6 pieces of current Designer Series Paper and the 3 Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp set of the month for any order of $75 or more (before tax & shipping)
- Every order will receive a special gift. This month’s gift is an embellished notebook.
MAY HOST CODE: QAS2YM6T
Please use the host code above when you shop through my online store. However, if your order is $150 or more, there’s no need to use the code as you’ll receive your own Stampin’ Rewards. Click HERE to shop
2019-2020 Annual Catalog Retirement List…click HERE
January – June Catalog Retirement List…click HERE
Last Chance Products (some discounted)…click HERE
Did you know…
…that even though the new catalog will not be available to customers until June 3rd, you could see it as soon as today by joining my team. And you’ll be able to pre-order from it NOW. I’d be thrilled to welcome you whether you’re joining as a hobbiest or if you would like to build a business.
Along with being the first to “see” all the new products, new Demonstrators get to choose a “Starter Kit” with $125 worth of Stampin’ Up! products for $99 with free shipping. Then you’ll enjoy at least a 20% discount on all future purchases. While all this may sound great, there’s still more. By joining my team, you’ll become a member of the Stampin’ Pretty Pals group. This is an amazing, talented and interactive group of stampers, led by Mary Fish. Finally, there’s no obligation or commitment to stay…however, it may be hard to leave all the fun and creativity once you’re here!
Have a wonderful weekend,