Hello, welcome to the Pals Blog Hop! This month our theme is “Goodbye to January-June Mini and 2019-2020 Annual Catalogs and Hello to 2020-2021 Annual Catalog” where the Design Team is showcasing their favorites from the retiring catalogs or products in the new catalog! You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Although many of my favorite sets are retiring, I had no problem deciding which of my favorites to spotlight today. Botanical Prints Product Medley was at the top of my list! Everything about this kit spoke to me: the stamps are pretty, petite florals with simple sentiments, it has coordinating dies, the Designer Series Paper is so versatile with patterns that could be colored if you wished and classic black and white patterns, laser cut paper, ribbon and pretty copper embellishments. This is one of the best all-inclusive kits I’ve seen and it’s on the retirement list at a deep discount.
For today’s project, I created a Thank You card and coordinating treat/gift card holder using a few more retiring favorites.
The retiring Thank You dies are the BIG 3 in my opinion: big, bold and beautiful font.
- The A2 card base is Basic Black cardstock
- I randomly stamped a piece of 4″ x 5 1/4″ Whisper White cardstock with the floral image in Smoky Slate ink and colored it with Stampin’ Blends creating my own DSP.
- To give it a little texture, I embossed it with the Subtles Embossing Folder after coloring it.
- I then cut a rectangle from the center using the Stitched Rectangle die that measures 4″ x 2 5/8″.
- The Stitched Rectangle was glued to a piece of Basic Black cardstock measuring 2 3/4″ x 4 1/8″. Both were glued to the larger piece of Whisper White making sure to line up the images and to cover the area where the rectangle was cut.
- I cut the Thank You once in their respective colors and two more times in Basic Black. The black die cuts were glued together and the colored die cut was offset just a little to give it an outline and glued. The added layers give the sentiment a pretty “lift”.
- The inside sentiment comes from the Country Home stamp set, which will be in the new Annual Catalog.
For the coordinating gift card/treat holder, I used the retiring Kraft Pillow Boxes.
- I created a pouch instead of a box simply by cutting a small oval using a die from the Layering Ovals dies.
- I built the label by cutting the large lacy label from the Stitched Label dies in Whisper White, then a circle from the Layering Circles die in Basic Black, another circle from the Stitched Labels in colored cardstock, followed by a Whisper White circle from the Stitched Shapes dies.
- The floral image is popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The sentiment comes from the Varied Vases stamp set, another retiring favorite. I stamped it in black ink and fussy cut it, along with a mat of Basic Black. The black mat really emphasizes the sentiment.
- After filling it, tie a bow around the top with the 5/8″ Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon.
I think this is such a pretty card and a sweet little present that you could make for just about any occasion. The pillow boxes are so pretty and lend themselves to so many creative ways to decorate them.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for June 10th, with our theme “New 2020-2022 In Colors.” We can’t wait to show you the newest In Colors in the Stampin’ Up! color family. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Thanks for hopping with me today!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, Ink
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Diana Carr at The Secret Life of Paper
- Karen Buttery at Karen On The Lake Stamper
- Dacia Smith at My Creative Days