Welcome to another edition of CASEing Coast to Coast with Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit and myself. Each month, Karen and I alternate creating a project for the other to CASE (copy and selectively edit). This month it’s my turn to initiate the project. I created a card with a gift card holder feature on the inside that would fit any number of occasions.
As we eagerly await the new products coming in the Annual Catalog on June 3rd, I thought I would create a card with a few relatively new products that are available now and will also be in the new catalog. Today’s card features the So Sentimental Bundle that’s available in the January-June mini catalog and two die sets from the early release of the Ornate Garden suite: Ornate Borders and Ornate Layers dies.
Materials & Measurements
- Whisper White thick cardstock: 10 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ & 8 1/2″
- Ornate Garden DSP 5 1/2″ x 3 1/8″ (cut 1), 5 1/2″ x 1/4″ (cut 2)
- Gold Foil strip: 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (cut 1), 1/8″ x 5 1/2″ (cut 2)
- Mint Macaron cardstock
- Fold card up at the 8 1/2″ score line to create an inside pocket. Using Tear & Tape secure the edges to the inside of the card, leaving enough space to insert a gift card.
- Cut a Whisper White floral border using a die from the Ornate Borders dies. This die measures exactly 5 1/2″. When cutting it, leave about a 1/4″ border on the top.
- Align the die to the bottom of the card front and glue at the 1/4″ top border.
- Glue the Ornate Garden Designer Series Paper to the rest of the card front, meeting the border.
- Glue the 1/4″ Gold Foil strip along the bottom of DSP and top of the floral border to conceal where the two meet.
- Stamp the sentiment from the So Sentimental stamp set in Versa Mark ink and heat emboss with gold embossing powder.
- Crop with the Stitched So Sweetly die. Cut an additional die from Gold Foil and trim the edges of the stamped die cut. Pop it on the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add strips of DSP and gold foil to the inside pocket.
- Stamp the sentiment, from Beautiful Friendship stamp set between the borders. Using the Stamparatus makes this very easy.
- I created a pretty frame to hold the gift card.
- The base is a die from the Ornate Layers dies cut with Mint Macaron cardstock.
- Using two dies from the Stitched Rectangles die, I cut a gold foil frame.
- The gift card is secured with a glue dot.
I created another very similar card in white and gold using all the same products. The only difference is I added a piece of gold foil to the bottom of the card. This usually happens to me and maybe to you too. I set out to create a card and then when I’m finished, I think I should have done this or that. So I go and create another version. I like both of these equally well and now I have two cards to add to my stash. These cards would be great as wedding, bridal shower, anniversary, retirement or graduation cards to name a few.
Now Head West…Please be sure to head over to Karen’s blog at www.stampinghabit.com to see Karen’s creative twist on today’s card. Karen and I are really enjoying our monthly adventure and hope that we’re providing you with a bit of inspiration to perhaps put your own spin on our cards.
******MAY MONTHLY BONUS REWARDS ******
I’m truly appreciative of each and every order. To show my appreciation, here’s what you’ll receive during the month of May…
- 3 Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp set of the month with any order of $50 (before tax & shipping). This month’s set is To a Wild Rose Bundle
- A sample pack of 12 6 x 6 pieces of current Designer Series Paper and the 3 Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp set of the month for any order of $75 or more (before tax & shipping)
- Every order will receive a special gift. This month’s gift is an embellished notebook.
MAY HOST CODE: QAS2YM6T
Please use the host code above when you shop through my online store. However, if your order is $150 or more, there’s no need to use the code as you’ll receive your own Stampin’ Rewards. Click HERE to shop
2019-2020 Annual Catalog Retirement List…click HERE
January – June Catalog Retirement List…click HERE
Last Chance Products (some discounted)…click HERE
Get the new catalog sooner…
Even though the new catalog will not be available to customers until June 3rd, you could see it as soon as today by joining my team. And you’ll be able to pre-order from it NOW. I’d be thrilled to welcome you whether you’re joining as a hobbiest or if you would like to build a business.
Along with being the first to “see” all the new products, new Demonstrators get to choose a “Starter Kit” with $125 worth of Stampin’ Up! products for $99 with free shipping. Then you’ll enjoy at least a 20% discount on all future purchases. While all this may sound great, there’s still more. By joining my team, you’ll become a member of the Stampin’ Pretty Pals group. This is an amazing, talented and interactive group of stampers, led by Mary Fish. Finally, there’s no obligation or commitment to stay…however, it may be hard to leave all the fun and creativity once you’re here!
If you’d like to give it a try you can join HERE or if you would like more information, I’d be happy to talk with you. You can contact me at email@example.com
Thanks so much for stopping by today and joining Karen and I on our Coast to Coast CASEing adventure.