Hello! Wouldn’t it be nice if we could all retire to the tropics, if only until our lives returned to some normalcy. Today’s card was created for a teacher at our school who decided to retire at the end of this school year. What better set to use than Timeless Tropics for a truly relaxing feel.
Materials & Measurements
- Whisper White thick card base: 11″ x 4 1/4″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Tropical Oasis DSP: 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- Pretty Peacock cardstock: 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Real Red cardstock: 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
- Whisper White cardstock: 5″ x 3 3/4″
- I started this card by using a Pretty Peacock lattice die cut from the Botanical Prints Product Medley glued to the center of the Whisper White card base.
- To create the DSP frame I cut a rectangle from the Rectangle Stitched dies in the center and glued it over the lattice to the card front.
- Next I fussy cut the tropical flowers from another pattern in the Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper collection and popped them up with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the corners . The patterns in this collection are bold and vibrant as well as soft and muted.
- The sentiment is stamped in Pretty Peacock ink and punched with the Everyday Label punch.
- I edged the sentiment label with another label in Real Red cardstock and used dimensionals here also.
- The inside sentiment is from the Well Said stamp set. I really like this set for the simple font and sentiments.
- I added a few strips of DSP and cardstock to embellish the inside and envelope.
Like a few of my favorite products from the January-June mini catalog, the Timeless Tropical stamp set and the Tropical Oasis DSP will be retiring on June 2nd.
I hope you are doing well and finding some crafting calm and relaxation even if you’re not retiring. I was thinking how thankful I am to be able to immerse myself in these stamping projects. As, I not only benefit from the joy of stamping and creating, I can make cards for all kinds of occasions that pop up without leaving the house.
******MAY MONTHLY BONUS REWARDS ******
I’m truly appreciative of each and every order. To show my appreciation, here’s what you’ll receive during the month of May…
- 3 Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp set of the month with any order of $50 (before tax & shipping). This month’s set is To a Wild Rose Bundle
- A sample pack of 12 6 x 6 pieces of current Designer Series Paper and the 3 Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp set of the month for any order of $75 or more (before tax & shipping)
- Every order will receive a special gift. This month’s gift is an embellished notebook.
- A sample pack of 12 (6 x 6) pieces of the Honey Bee Designer Series Paper with the purchase of the Honey Bee stamp set or Honey Bee Bundle.
MAY HOST CODE: QAS2YM6T
Please use the host code above when you shop through my online store. However, if your order is $150 or more, there’s no need to use the code as you’ll receive your own Stampin’ Rewards. Click HERE to shop
2019-2020 Annual Catalog Retirement List…click HERE
January – June Catalog Retirement List…click HERE
Last Chance Products (some discounted)…click HERE
Did you know…
…that even though the new catalog will not be available to customers until June 3rd, you could see it as soon as today by joining my team. And you’ll be able to pre-order on May 5th. I’d be thrilled to welcome you whether you’re joining as a hobbiest or if you would like to build a business.
Along with being the first to “see” all the new products, new Demonstrators get to choose a “Starter Kit” with $125 worth of Stampin’ Up! products for $99 with free shipping. Then you’ll enjoy at least a 20% discount on all future purchases. While all this may sound great, there’s still more. By joining my team, you’ll become a member of the Stampin’ Pretty Pals group. This is an amazing, talented and interactive group of stampers, led by Mary Fish. Finally, there’s no obligation or commitment to stay…however, it may be hard to leave all the fun and creativity once you’re here!
If you’d like to give it a try you can join HERE or if you would like more information, I’d be happy to talk with you. You can contact me at email@example.com
Take care and I hope your day is going well.