I may have some separation anxiety when the Best Dressed Designer Series Paper retires. I absolutely love every pattern in this collection and feel like I haven’t even put a dent in it. I have been using it, however with it being a 6 x 6 package, that’s quite a bit of pretty paper.
For today’s card share, I cased the layout from a sweet get well card I received earlier this year (pre-virus) from my good friend, Jeanie Stark at juststampin.com. This card also came with the cutest jar of honey candy. Jeanie is such a thoughtful friend and always has the best gift ideas. I really liked the card layout and it’s been sitting front and center on my desk for months, as I knew I’d like to give it a go. Here’s Jeanie’s card…
This layout is very versatile and leaves a lot of room for interpretation. I decided to try it both horizontally and vertically.
Materials & Measurements
- Colored card stock card base: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Whisper White: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Best Dressed DSP: 3 7/8″ x 3 1/2″
- 6 x 6 Color Family DSP: 3 7/8″ x 1 5/8″ (Petal Pink & Purple Posy)
- Petal Pink card stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (inside)
- Whisper White card stock: 3 3/4″ x 5″ (inside)
The details are much the same for both orientations. I’ve listed the colors and products in the Product List at the end of the post. The Thank You card above is horizontal.
- Adhere Whisper White card stock to the colored card stock base.
- Glue both DSP patterns onto Whisper White panel leaving a 1/8″ border around
- Using a die from the Ornate Borders Dies, glue the scalloped border on the seam where the DSP meet.
- Trim the border with thin strips of colored card stock.
- Stamped the sentiments from the So Sentimental stamp set and crop with coordinating dies from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies.
- Pop each sentiment with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I added a few sequins for a little shine.
- The DSP patterns are from the Subtles 6 x 6 DSP in Petal Pink and the Best Dressed Designer Series Paper.
- Card stock colors are Lovely Lipstick, Petal Pink, Whisper White and Old Olive.
- The sentiment is stamped in Lovely Lipstick ink.
- I trimmed the inside with strips of DSP, card stock and another scalloped border. I love that we can embellish both the inside and envelopes for a totally coordinated card. I think it’s also a nice surprise to open the card and see this.
- I left this card blank to write a personal note.
- The Get Well card is the exact same layout and measurements just turned vertically.
- The DSP patterns are 2019-2021 6 x 6 DSP in Purple Posy and Best Dressed Designer Series Paper.
- Card stock colors are Purple Posy, Petal Pink and Whisper White.
- The sentiment is stamped in Highland Heather ink.
- Again, I trimmed the inside with strips of DSP, card stock and another scalloped border die.
- The sentiment is from the Dandelion Wishes stamp set and is stamped in black ink.
As I said, I think this is a great card layout and I’m glad I finally put my “spin” on it. Thanks Jeanie for the inspiration, thoughtful card and most of all wonderful friendship!
The So Sentimental stamp set and Stitched So Sweetly Dies are available now as a bundle for a 10% discount until June 2. However, they’ll be sold separately in the new annual catalog on June 3. Sadly, the Best Dressed Designer Series Paper will be retiring and is only available until June 2 or while supplies last. HERE to see some pretty gift card holders I created using this DSP.
******MAY MONTHLY BONUS REWARDS ******
I’m truly appreciative of each and every order. To show my appreciation, here’s what you’ll receive during the month of May…
- 3 Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp set of the month with any order of $50 (before tax & shipping). This month’s set is To a Wild Rose Bundle
- A sample pack of 12 6 x 6 pieces of current Designer Series Paper and the 3 Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp set of the month for any order of $75 or more (before tax & shipping)
- Every order will receive a special gift. This month’s gift is an embellished notebook.
MAY HOST CODE: QAS2YM6T
Please use the host code above when you shop through my online store. However, if your order is $150 or more, there’s no need to use the code as you’ll receive your own Stampin’ Rewards. Click HERE to shop
2019-2020 Annual Catalog Retirement List…click HERE
January – June Catalog Retirement List…click HERE
Last Chance Products (some discounted)…click HERE
Get the new catalog sooner…
Even though the new catalog will not be available to customers until June 3rd, you could see it as soon as today by joining my team. And you’ll be able to pre-order from it NOW. I’d be thrilled to welcome you whether you’re joining as a hobbiest or if you would like to build a business.
Along with being the first to “see” all the new products, new Demonstrators get to choose a “Starter Kit” with $125 worth of Stampin’ Up! products for $99 with free shipping. Then you’ll enjoy at least a 20% discount on all future purchases. While all this may sound great, there’s still more. By joining my team, you’ll become a member of the Stampin’ Pretty Pals group. This is an amazing, talented and interactive group of stampers, led by Mary Fish. Finally, there’s no obligation or commitment to stay…however, it may be hard to leave all the fun and creativity once you’re here!
If you’d like to give it a try you can join HERE or if you would like more information, I’d be happy to talk with you. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have an enjoyablel weekend.