For today’s card, I used the Arrange a Wreath Bundle and gave it a little twist, thus giving it more versatility. I really like sets that can be altered and used in a little more unconventional ways. It’s a way to create added value to your purchase. As a big fan of wreaths in general and especially paper ones that I can create myself, I was thrilled to see the Arrange a Wreath bundle in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog. This bundle will take you through a year of holidays, as well as, almost any occasion. That’s a big bang for the buck!
This card is a general “Just Because” card to send some kindness and hopefully make someone’s day. And I had just that person in mind while creating it.
Materials & Measurements
Whisper White Thick card base: 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
Gorgeous Grape card stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
Whisper White card stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Glue the Gorgeous Grape card stock to the Whisper White thick card base.
- Emboss the Whisper White panel using the Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder and glue to the Gorgeous Grape panel.
- Emboss a 7/8″ x 4″ piece of Whisper White card stock using the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Layer this onto a strip of Gorgeous Grape card stock measuring 1″ x 4″.
- Position the strips in the center of the card and glue.
- Stamp the wreath in Old Olive ink and cut. I used my Scan n’ Cut to cut the wreath since there is no coordinating die for this image. It could also easily be hand cut since just the outside is cut.
- Once the wreath was stamped and cut, I used my trimmer to cut it in 1/2 and glued each half above and below the center strips creating an oval from the round wreath.
- I embellished the wreath with a few (retired) Noble Peacock rhinestones.
- The sentiment is from the Country Home stamp set and is heat embossed.
- Stampin’ Up! no longer carries black embossing powder so to get the same look, I stamped the sentiment using my Versa-Fine ink pad and clear embossing powder.
- The sentiment is cut with an oval from the Layering Ovals dies and matted with another oval from the Stitched Shapes dies in Gorgeous Grape.
- The sentiment is adhered to the center of the oval wreath with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I left the inside blank to write a personal note and embossed the envelope flap with the Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder.
It was very easy to alter the wreath to create a totally different shape. Here’s a more traditional take on the Arrange a Wreath bundle that features the Wreath Builder dies. You can read the details HERE
For every $50 you spend (before tax & shipping) from July 1 – August 3, you’ll receive a $5 Bonus Day coupon that can be redeemed August 4 – 31.
There is no limit to how many coupons you can earn, so shop all month!
An email address is required to receive Bonus Days coupon codes.
Please take care and enjoy your day,