Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Pile It On” – showcasing their card/project with layers of DSP and/or embellishments for any occasion. We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I’ve decided that the Poinsettia Petals bundle is my absolute favorite from the August-December 2020 catalog. I’ve been creating with it non-stop over the past week and still have many more ideas. One reason is that I love winter flowers like Poinsettias, Amaryllis, Christmas cactus and Paperwhites. When it comes to Poinsettias, I’m drawn to the lighter colored rather than the traditional reds. My pink-toned paper poinsettias on this card are a testament to that.
The poinsettias and berry sprigs were cut from shimmery white paper. I lightly sponged the poinsettias with Petal Pink ink. The leaves are cut from Soft Sea Foam card stock.
For the flower centers, I cut a die from the Poinsettia dies and added rhinestones . This really added to the richness of the card. I’ll be adding these to other poinsettias I create.
I combined two sentiment stamps from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set to create the inside sentiment.
- Whisper White card base: 8 1/2″ x 3 3/4″
- Silver card stock (non-SU): 8 3/8″ x 3 5/8″ (cut 2 – 1 for inside)
- Petal Pink card stock: 8 1/8″ x 3 3/8″ (cut 2 – 1 for inside)
- Peony Garden DSP 7 7/8″ x 3 1/8″
- Whisper White card stock: 7 7/8″ x 3 1/8″ (inside)
- Whisper White card stock: 1″ x 5″ (sentiment flag)More inspiration awaits!
Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on December 9th when our theme is “Goodbye September Mini Catalog and Hello January Mini Catalog.” Participants showcase their favorites from the retiring holiday catalog or new products from the new mini catalog. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
Take care and have a wonderful Wednesday,