The True Love Designer Series Paper collection has turned me into a coloring fool lately. I love a set of black and white patterns and this collection is chock full of both floral and geometric patterns. I haven’t even begun to use the geometric patterns as I’ve been enjoying coloring all the florals. They are simply beautiful! Take a look here…
My direction for today’s card came from The Paper Players color challenge.
Today’s card can be used for a variety of occasions using the sentiments from the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set.
Here are the details:
- The card base is Flirty Flamingo with a Basic Black mat.
- The Whisper White panel is embossed with the Parisian Flourish embossing folder.
- I cut the floral spray from a pattern in the True Love DSP and colored it using Stampin’ Blends.
- The flowers are hand cut with a hand cut Basic Black mat. This is an easy way to step it up a bit and really highlights the image.
- As I mentioned, the sentiment is from the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set. I stamped it with Versa Mark and heat embossed with silver embossing powder.
- Again, I hand cut the sentiment and mat.
- Lastly, I added a few silver enamel dots.
- This inside sentiment can be used for a few different occasions, so it’s a good one to have on hand.
If you haven’t looked at the True Love Designer Series Paper, I urge you to do so. There are so many opportunities to create beautiful cards with this paper alone. You can see another example of a card I created using this floral pattern HERE.
There’s still a couple of weeks left to get my wreath calendar FREE. After February, they’ll no longer be available. Here’s how you can get one…
Here’s how to get one…
- Make a purchase of $75.00 or more (before tax & shipping) from my online store and I’ll send you a calendar and 4 seasonal wreaths.
- Additionally, after qualifying for the free calendar and 4 seasonal wreaths, you can purchase the 3 add-on holiday wreaths (Valentine’s, Halloween & Christmas) for $10.00 . Payments can be made via PayPal “send to a friend” option. My PayPal address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Shipping to US only.
- Please use Host Code HSM637DH for orders under $150. With orders over $150 you will enjoy your own Stampin’ Rewards.
Thanks once again for stopping by today.
Lovely coloring on those blossoms! I really like how you added the hand cut mats to both the flowers and sentiment. You’re so right that it really gives an extra pop to those elements! Definitely a celebration worthy card! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!
Thanks for the kind comment, Amanda.
Gorgeous. I love black and white with a pop of color. This is making me want to take my rococo rose blends out and color a bit and then maybe a yellow version, like mango? Thanks for such wonderful ideas!
Thanks, Chris…the color possibilities are endless.
Rosanne, Your cars stopped me in my tracks as I was looking through the gallery at The Paper Players. Such pretty coloring and layout! Thanks for playing along!
Thanks very much, Nancy
Rosanne, perfect and complete elegance! From the sentiment to the embossed background. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.
Beautiful, Rosanne! The hand-cut black mat truly steps this card up. The embossed background is gorgeous. AND, on a side note, your calendar wreath is awesome!!! Wowza! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!