Hello there and happy Tuesday! I’m enjoying my second snow day in a row today. I had a most enjoyable day cozied up inside yesterday stamping while the snow piled up outside. I’m sure we’ll be back to school tomorrow, though.
This Valentine card was created using the (retired) Toile Tidings Designer Series Paper. I love any kind of toile patterns and paired with the gingham produces such a classic look. The heart cluster die is the Clipping Heart die from Simon Says Stamps.
- I cut 4 of these heart clusters and glue them together for dimension. Then they were glued to a Very Vanilla Stitched Rectangle.
- I cut 3 more clusters using the 2 DSP patterns and Real Red card stock. Using the paper piecing technique, I inserted the various hearts into the heart “frame” for an inlaid look.
- The rhinestones were colored with a red Sharpie.
- The sentiment is from the (retired) Good Greetings stamp set and is stamped with Real Red ink. It’s cut with a die from my stash and adhered with dimensionals.
- The inside sentiment is from the Happy Thoughts stamp set.
So what usually happens when I’m stamping is that I’ll wonder what the card I just created would look like using a different color, pattern or stamp set. I had some of the Boho Indigo Designer Series Paper left on my desk from this card HERE, so I created a card that could be a Valentine or just a friendship card.
I changed the orientation but used the same technique. The stamp set is Thoughtful Greetings from Pretty Pink Posh. I’m always looking for unique and expressive sentiments and this set has quite a few.
So using basically the same technique and most of the same products, I was able to create two different cards. I can use both for Valentine’s Day or save one for just sending “happy thoughts”.
I’ve decided to continue to offer the version of this calendar below and set of wreaths throughout the month of February. After February, they’ll no longer be available. Here’s how you can get one…
Here’s how to get one…
- Make a purchase of $75.00 or more (before tax & shipping) from my online store and I’ll send you a calendar and 4 seasonal wreaths.
- Additionally, after qualifying for the free calendar and 4 seasonal wreaths, you can purchase the 3 add-on holiday wreaths (Valentine’s, Halloween & Christmas) for $10.00 . Payments can be made via PayPal “send to a friend” option. My PayPal address is email@example.com. Shipping to US only.
- Please use Host Code HSM637DH for orders under $150. With orders over $150 you will enjoy your own Stampin’ Rewards.