Welcome to March’s installment of CASEing (Copy & Selectively Edit) Coast to Coast. Karen Hallam (in CA) and I (in PA) are welcoming Spring today. However, I would be remiss if I didn’t wish you a Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I usually don’t make cards for this particular holiday, so today’s project skips right to Easter.
I created a card and matching treat box using the Arrange a Wreath bundle.
- The top foldingA2 card base is Gorgeous Grape card stock measuring 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- The next layer is Basic White card stock measuring 4″ x 5 1/4″
- I cut a piece of patterned paper from the Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper at 4″ x 1 3/4″ and glued it to the bottom of the Basic White layer.
- I wrapped a piece of 3/8″ Gorgeous Grape Sheer ribbon around the Basic White panel and glued it to the card base.
- The sentiment is from the Arrange a Wreath stamp set and is stamped in Gorgeous Grape ink.
If you’ve been following me lately, you already know how much I enjoy making wreaths with this bundle.
- I didn’t have a current stamp set that had a significant sized sentiment for the inside, so I had to reach into my retired stamp sets for this lovely sentiment. It’s from the Suite Saying stamp set and one that I’ll hang onto just for the variety of sentiments it contains. This is also stamped in Gorgeous Grape ink.
- I added a few more colored Easter eggs for a pretty embellishment.
Now here’s the real treat…I recently found these “fancy” chocolate eggs and wanted a pretty way to present them. The Love You Always treat boxes are one of the best products in the January-June mini catalog. They’re so easy to assemble, very sturdy and food safe.
- I cut a matching piece of DSP at 10″ x 4″ then scored it at 2″, 3 1/2″, 6 1/4″ & 7 7/8″ to wrap around the box lid.
- The label is a die from the Stitched So Sweetly dies. I glued it to a piece of Gorgeous Grape card stock.
- The sentiment is from the Fancy Phrases stamp set.
- I embellished it to match the wreath on the card.
That wraps up my project for this month’s cross country crafting adventure. If you haven’t already, please click HERE to visit Karen in CA to see her CASEing project.
As always, thanks very much for spending some time here with me today. I hope your Wednesday is wonderful!