In an effort to revisit some stamp sets in the Annual Catalog that have been neglected, I pulled out Grace’s Garden. This set and the coordinating Garden Gateway dies have been sitting on my shelf for longer than I like to admit and haven’t been used once! This is a real frustration of mine and one that I’m trying to correct. So I made a clean and simple card to send to a friend that I haven’t been able to see since last year.
- The A2 card base is Thick Whisper White card stock.
- The patterned layer is from the True Love Designer Series Paper collection and measures 4″ x 5 1/4″. It’s glued directly onto the card base.
- Next I die cut a Stitched Rectangle in Whisper White card stock.
- I cut a piece of Flirty Flamingo card stock 3 9/16″ x 4 7/8″. This is approximately 1/8″ larger than the stitched rectangle.
- To create the serene scene, I used the Garden Gateway dies to cut the gate, flowers, bird and cat. I easily colored each with Stampin’ Blends.
- The sentiment is from the Blossoms in Bloom stamp set.
- The inside sentiment is from the Fancy Phrases stamp set.
Even though the Grace’s Garden stamp set has many more stamps and dies and can create intricate, beautiful scenes. I really like that you can choose just a few to create more simple yet equally beautiful cards.
Thanks very much for spending some time with me today. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead.