Being a book lover and librarian, bookmarks are a necessity. And being a paper crafter, making bookmarks is so enjoyable! I also gift books as often as I can and like to include a handmade bookmark as a special personal touch.
I created these using the Forever Fern stamp set in an array of colors. I think I could have made them in just about every color Stampin’ Up! offers.
Here’s the details…
- I cut a piece of colored card stock at 2″ x 6″ and punched it using the (retiring) Delightful Tag Topper punch.
- Next, I embossed a 1 3/4″ x 5″ piece of Basic White card stock with the Parisian Flourish 3D embossing folder.
- Before gluing the embossed piece to the colored tag, I cut (2) 1/8″ x 1 3/4″ strips of silver foil and glued to each end.
- Using the Forever Fern stamp set, I stamped a variety of images and cut them with the coordinating Forever Flourishing dies.
- I then arranged them on the embossed panel using both glue and dimensionals.
- The sentiment is also from the Forever Fern stamp set and is stamped in black ink and cut using a circle die from the (retiring) Stitched Shapes dies.
- I created a little more definition to the sentiment circle by cutting a silver foil circle from the Layering Circles dies and gluing it behind the stitched circle.
- The circle is adhered to the center of the bookmark with dimensionals.
- Lastly, and probably my favorite thing about these bookmarks is the handmade tassels. I used some thicker Baker’s Twine to create them.
I had such a good time creating these bookmarks. I could have (and probably will) make more using some other Stampin’ Up! colors. I’m not sure which color I like best. If you have a favorite, please let me know in the comments and I’ll pick a random comment and send you the one you chose. I’ll also be sending one as a thank you gift for any orders placed in April.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope your looking forward to a wonderful week.