Happy Good Friday!
Today’s card is definitely “me”. I know this because while I usually (lovingly) labor over creating a card, this one came together quickly and seamlessly. I was truly in my element with the buffalo check, wreath and color.
While all the products I used are retiring on 5/3, I wanted to give them another go around. Here’s the details…
- A2 thick Basic White card base is cut at 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″ for a top fold card.
- The next layer is regular Basic White card stock cut at 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- On this layer, I stamped a 1 1/4″ border using the Buffalo Check stamp and Rococo Rose ink.
- Next, I added a piece of Rococo Rose 1/2″ Scalloped Linen Ribbon around the top of the stamped check.
- By gluing a few (3) pieces of inexpensive thick card stock to the back of this panel, it provided just a small and sturdy amount of dimension. This also cuts down on the bulk of the card for mailing purposes.
- The wreath is created using the Wreath Builder dies.
- A few added details on the wreath are: tiny pearls for the flower centers, bumblebee enamel dots and linen thread.
- The sentiment is from the Arrange a Wreath stamp set and is stamped with black ink.
- The inside sentiment is from the retiring Happy Thoughts stamp set. I really wish this great set of sentiments was carrying over into the new catalog. However, I know I’ll continue to use it anyway. Most of the retired sets I hold onto are for the sentiments.
- Just like I did on the front of the card, I stamped the Buffalo Check directly onto the Basic White panel and layered it onto a piece of Rococo Rose card stock.
Thanks for stopping by today. I wish you & yours a wonderful & blessed Easter weekend.