Hello! I wanted to share a pretty shaker card I created using the Golden Garden (although I used the silver side) Designer Specialty Acetate along with a pattern from the Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper. Both of these products are retiring after today so I’m getting this card in just under the wire!
It’s been a while since I created a shaker card and my daughter, Elizabeth and her husband, James will be celebrating their 4th anniversary in early July. So I thought this would be a nice card to give them.
Materials & Measurements
- Petal Pink card base: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Fine Art Floral DSP pattern: 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Petal Pink card stock: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Golden Garden Acetate pattern: 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Basic White card stock for the sentiment
- Glue the DSP panel to the center of the card base.
- Create a frame with the Petal Pink card stock. I used a rectangle frame die from My Favorite Things but you could create one with the Stitched Rectangle dies.
- Emboss the frame using the Parisian Flourish embossing folder.
- Create the shaker window by gluing the acetate to the back of the frame.
- Add Foam Adhesive strips around the frame.
- Sprinkle sequins onto the center of the DSP panel.
- Adhere the framed window being sure to line it up so it covers the DSP pattern.
- The sentiment, from the Forever Fern stamp set, is stamped in Versa Mark ink and heat embossed with silver embossing powder.
- It’s cut using a stitched rectangle die from the Ornate Layers dies.
I was happy to finally get to use the Golden Garden Acetate on a card before it retires. It’s especially pretty over the sparkly sequins.
The January – June Mini Catalog retires today. Some of the products from this catalog are even discounted. Click HERE to see the list.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope your week is going well.