June already?! It would be almost hard to believe if not for the forever long school year. But the end is near! With the end of the school year, there are always good-byes to co-workers who are retiring or leaving for other reasons. Today’s card is a congratulation card for our retiring guidance counselor.
I was determined to use a pattern from the pretty Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper. This paper actually intimidates me! I feel like it’s too artistic and I’m much more simple and straightforward in my card making designs. So I found I was more comfortable tempering it with a more classic pattern like the Blushing Bride checked pattern from the 6″x6″ Subtles DSP.
Materials & Meaurements
- Basic White Thick card stock: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored @ 4 1/4″
- Blushing Bride 6×6 Subtles DSP: 5 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Fine Art Floral DSP: 5 1/2″ x 1 1/2″
- Blushing Bride card stock: 5 1/2″ x 3/4″ & 5 1/2″ x 1/4″
- Silver Foil: 5 1/2″ x 1/8″ (cut 3)
- Glue the Subltes DSP to the top of the card base.
- Glue the Fine Art Floral DSP piece right below the Subltes DSP.
- This will leave a 1/4″ area on the bottom of the card base to glue the 1/4″ strip of Blushing Bride card stock.
- Before adhering the 3/4″ strip of Blushing Bride card stock to the center of the card, stamp the sentiment, from the Happy Thoughts stamp set, in Versa Mark ink and heat emboss with silver embossing powder.
- Add 1/8″ silver foil strips as shown.
- The inside sentiment is from the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set. This sentiment is really versatile and can be used for numerous occasions.
- I embellished the inside pattern to coordinate with the card front.
- I generally don’t spotlight just the envelope but I thought this envelope flap coordinated so well and was the perfect way to give a hint of “pretty” inside.
I’m going to step out of my comfort zone and try to come up with a few more cards using the beautiful designs in the Fine Art Floral DSP collection before it retires at the end of the month.
Thanks very much for stopping by today.