Welcome back to CASEing Coast to Coast with Karen Hallam in CA and myself here in PA. Each month Karen and I take turns CASEing (Copy and Selectively Edit) each other’s projects concentrating on a specific stamp set, card layout or theme. Today’s projects will focus on NEW products featured in the July-December Mini Catalog that’s available on August 3rd. Having had the opportunity to pre-order products from the catalog earlier this month, I’m pretty excited about it!
For my project today, I created a Thanksgiving card using the Pretty Pumpkins bundle.
I’ve spent an entire two days creating with this set and I’m still coming up with more ideas! I’m especially loving the pumpkin featured on this card.
Materials & Measurements
- Very Vanilla thick card stock: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Mossy Meadow card stock: 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- Very Vanilla card stock: 6″ x 6″
- On the 6″ x 6″ piece of Very Vanilla card stock randomly stamp the pumpkin image in Versa Mark ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder.
- Fill in the spaces between the pumpkins with a small stamp. I used one from Lovely You stamp set and stamped it in Mossy Meadow ink. This step is optional depending on how close together you stamped the pumpkins.
- Using a sponge dauber and ink, sponge each of the pumpkins. I used Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze inks. Using a heat gun go over the entire stamped panel to avoid smearing ink.
- Stamp the sentiment, also from the Pretty Pumpkins stamp set, on the top right of the Mossy Meadow panel in Versa Mark and heat emboss with white embossing powder.
- Cut the stamped panel to 5 1/4″ x 2 1/2″ and glue to the bottom of the Mossy Meadow layer, leaving a 1/8″ margin around. By stamping a 6″ x 6″ panel, you’re able to create two cards.
- Add a coordinating ribbon around the top of the stamped layer and add a bow using mini glue dots.
- Glue to the Very Vanilla card base.
- Lastly, add a few sequins from the Artistry Blooms Sequins around the sentiment.
- I created my cards to send at Thanksgiving and did not yet have any appropriate new sentiments, I chose these two sentiments from the retired Country Home stamp set, which I still love.
Since I stamped and embossed a piece of 6″ x 6″ Very Vanilla card stock, I was able to cut two panels to create both cards.
Sponging the pumpkins over the embossing was a fun technique and created such a pretty effect on this particular stamp. Not to mention, it was quick and easy.
If you haven’t already been out West, click HERE to visit Karen’s site to see her creative sneak peek at Pretty Pumpkins. Thanks for “Coasting” with us today!
Want to see the entire catalog now…
Become a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and get early access to all new catalogs. Being able to preview and pre-order is just one of the best perks of joining. When you join, you’ll choose a Starter Kit of YOUR choice. Choose $125 worth products YOU want from any current catalog for just $99 with free shipping. Then enjoy a 20% or more discount on all future orders. If you decide this is not for you…no worries. There are no strings attached ever…simply just stop ordering. But you’ll probably being having too much fun enjoying the products and the creative interaction with other demonstrators that you’ll be happy you’ve joined. I’m happy to talk with you about this more: email firstname.lastname@example.org or click HERE if you think you’d like to join the fun.
- All order types qualify for this promotion.
- There is no limit to how many packages of Designer Series Paper may be purchased during this promotion.
- Only select Designer Series Papers are available at a 15% discount during this promotion.
- Orders must be placed—and closed—during the promotion period for the 15% discount to apply.
- Designer Series Paper ordered as part of a Starter Kit or with Stampin’ Rewards qualify for the 15% discount.
Thanks very much for stopping by today.