Monday again!! I’m still having a great time creating with the Plentiful Plants bundle. I especially like the “macrame” hanger! For today’s card, although it’s hard to see in the photos, I created an acetate window to hang the plant behind. It gives the card something a little extra special.
The window was created using the second and third largest Stitched Rectangle dies with a piece of clear acetate adhered to the back. Foam Adhesive strips are added all around.
After I had the window created, I used a pattern from the Bloom Where You’re Planted DSP as a background. This is cut to fill the entire window. The potted plant is hand cut from the same DSP and tucked into a stamp flower pot. And the hanger is cut from the Perfect Plants dies. I use dimensionals to adhere it to the center of the DSP. I also added a small piece of white baker’s twine to “hang” the entire plant. Next, the window is added to cover the plant and background panel.
The sentiment is also from the Plentiful Plants stamp set. I almost always heat emboss sentiments on card fronts. It makes them stand out just a bit more. This one is embossed with black embossing powder. And it’s cut using a die from the Perfect Plants dies. Then to give it some dimension without using dimensionals, which would have given too much dimension, I cut two more labels and stacked them, then glued it the the frame. This made the label very sturdy and stable on the frame.
I kept the inside very clean and simple with just a touch of embellishing with DSP. I did the same with the envelope flap.
Stampin’ Up! News…….
- All order types qualify for this promotion.
- There is no limit to how many packages of Designer Series Paper may be purchased during this promotion.
- Only select Designer Series Papers are available at a 15% discount during this promotion.
- Orders must be placed—and closed—during the promotion period for the 15% discount to apply.
- Designer Series Paper ordered as part of a Starter Kit or with Stampin’ Rewards qualify for the 15% discount.
Thanks very much for stopping by today.