Hello and welcome to November’s CASEing Coast to Coast with Karen Hallem in CA and myself here in PA. Karen and I take this trip once a month to CASE (Copy and Selectively Edit) each other’s projects. This month, Karen chose our direction. It was to create a holiday Fun Fold card. Karen is pretty awesome at fun folds and shares them quite often on her blog, stampinghabit. I, on the other hand, not so much! So this was indeed a bit of a challenge. Take a look at Karen’s card and you’ll know what I’m talking about….
It’s pretty great…right? So, I needed to step up my game a bit. Here is what I came up with…
I used a few recently purchased new dies from Pretty Pink Posh’s latest release: Winter Mug and Winter Wishes Script. These were really fun to create with and perfect for the holiday and beyond.
My fun fold card is considered a variation of a Z Fold. Here are a few illustrations of the card construction.
And here are the rest of the measurements and details after putting the card base together using the instructions above:
1. For the large front panel cut a piece of colored card stock 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. Add a piece of patterned paper cut 4″ x 5 1/4″.
2. For the two smaller panels cut a 2 pieces of colored card stock 4 1/8″ x 2 5/8″. Add 2 pieces of patterned paper cut 4″ x 2 1/2″. This card is doing double duty as I created a gift card pocket on the small inside panel by notching it with a 3/4″ circle punch and gluing it very close to edge on three sides.
3. Using the Winter Mug dies, I created the cute mug of hot chocolate. I did use an embossing folder on the mug for some added detail. I love the candy cane and little marshmallows!
4. I cut the Winter Wishes Script once with glitter paper and two more times with plain white and stacked them before gluing the large front panel. I also added a few small snowflakes for more detail.
5. On the inside of the card, because it is also a regular greeting card, I cut a colored card stock panel at 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and a piece of patterned paper at 4″ x 5 1/4″.
6. The sentiment panel is cut at 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″. I cut the snowflake die from the Winter Mug set in the bottom left corner. The sentiment is from a long retired SU Paper Pumpkin: Pining for Plaid.
Well this was officially my first Christmas card of the season. I was really lacking some stamping mojo lately but I must say creating this card has jump started it. I’m looking forward to pulling all my Christmas stamps, dies and papers out and keep it going. Hope you come along with me!
I know that you’ve seen Karen’s card here, but be sure to hop over to her blog HERE to get all the wonderful details on her holiday fun fold card. Thanks for stopping by today.
|Stamps: Pining for Plaid (retired SU)|
|Dies: Winter Mug & Winter Wishes Script (Pretty Pink Posh)|
|Cardstock: Real Red (SU), Whisper White (SU), White Glitter|
|Patterned Paper: Heartwarming Hugs (retired SU)|