Happy Monday…I’m sharing the last of my Valentine’s today with two fun fold cards using the same measurements but different orientation. I used the Love Cats stamp set for both. Let’s start with this one…
I’m not a cat person, although I would love to be but I’m very allergic to them. Despite this, I could not resist purchasing the adorable Love Cats stamp set. I especially like this lounging kitty but the other two images are just as cute. This card is a fun fold created in a portrait (vertical) orientation.
This is how it opens to the inside…
The second card opens is created in a landscape (horizontal) orientation.
This orientation was ideal for adding a gift card pocket. I’ll be sending it to my one of my daughters for Valentine’s Day. I also customized the cat color since she has a gray cat.
Here’s more details….
If was vey easy to make two card in one pass as the measurements for the front of both cards are the same:
- Basic White card base: cut at 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 3 1/2″ & 9″
- Basic Black mat: cut at 4″ x 3 1/4″ & 4″ x 1 3/4″ for the outside and 4″ x 5 1/4″ for the inside
- DSP: cut at 3 7/8″ x 3 1/8″ & 3 7/8″ x 1 5/8″. The top card uses a pattern from the Country Gingham 6 x 6 collection and the bottom card a pattern from the Count12 x 12 collection.
- I glued a Basic White strip measuring 4 1/4″ x 1/4″ to the inside of the smaller scored side (see photo). This is optional but it does allow the card to close better.
- Basic White cardstock for inside sentiment: cut at 3 3/4″ x 5″
- For the gift card pocket: cut a black mat at 3 1/4″ x 2″ and a DSP panel at 3 1/8″ x 1 7/8″. I used a small circle punch to create the notch.
- Besides using the sentiments from Love Cats, I used the Country Bouquet stamp set to stamp some of the sentiments on both cards.
- Before gluing the mats and DSP panels to the front of the gift card holder, I wrapped at Black checked gingham ribbon around each panel.
- The image on the gift card holder is stamped on a Stitched Rectangle Die and a bow is added to the side with glue dots.
- I punched a few small hearts with red glitter paper to finish each card off.
IN THE NEWS…
Additional Sale-a-bration products have been added…you can see them HERE.
If you’re currently not working with a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I would love to become your demonstrator. I am so eager to share and inspire you to use and thoroughly ENJOY the products you purchase! Simply place an order on my online shop HERE and let’s begin creating together!
February Host Code: CH47WDJE Use this code when entering an order less than $150. If your order is over $150, you will automatically get rewarded by Stampin’ Up! ALL orders will receive a special gift each month from me.
A Look at What’s Coming…
The new Hello, Irresistible Suite is an online exclusive available to everyone on March 1st. Or you can get it now by joining Stampin’ Up! HERE. The products in this collection are absolutely beautiful and I can’t wait to get mine in a few days. I’m so excited to start creating with these irresistible products. Please note: that the QR code will not be available until March 1st.
Thanks for stopping by today. Here’s looking towards a wonderful new week!