If you’re anywhere near my age, you may remember the song “Rainy Days and Mondays”. Well it’s Monday and I have a rainy day card. It was actually a very rainy day when I created it. You just never know where inspiration can come from!
I do enjoy creating scene cards, especially with cute little characters and the Rain or Shine Designer Series Paper in the Mini Catalog certainly has some of those cute characters. This card came together super fast thanks to the DSP. All I did was cut the images out and glue them onto a mini slimline card and add a little “hello”…so easy!
Here’s the details…
Materials & Measurements
- Balmy Blue card base: cut at 6 1/2″ x 7″, scored at 3 1/2″ on the 7″ side
- Basic White panel: cut at 6 3/8″ x 3 3/8″ and 6 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ (inside)
- Rain or Shine DSP: cut at 6 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- After adhering the white cardstock and DSP panel to the card base, add a border of flowers from a pattern in the DSP to the bottom of the DSP front panel.
- Next cut the critter images from another DSP pattern along with a few clouds.
- Using dimensionals, add the critters and glue the clouds.
- Stamp the sentiment, from the Biggest Wish stamp set and cut. Then glue it to a piece of Basic Black cardstock and cut again to create a mat. Glue to the bottom of the card.
- The inside sentiment is from the Happy Thoughts (retired) stamp set.
- I also added a decorative border to the envelope.
Creating cards with this DSP is really a lot of fun and I actually hesitated buying it. But I’m so glad I did. I didn’t even purchase the stamps or dies, just the paper. But the paper is truly enough for me. I have a few more cards in the works. I’ll be sending this card to my young grandsons in the month of March. I made a commitment (to myself) to send more cards this year and I’m making sure that I send a new one each month to Jack & Luke.
IN THE NEWS…
Additional Sale-a-bration products have been added…you can see them HERE.
REMEMBER…SALE-a-bration ends on February 28th!
If you’re currently not working with a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I would love to become your demonstrator. I am so eager to share and inspire you to use and thoroughly ENJOY the products you purchase! Simply place an order on my online shop HERE and let’s begin creating together
February Host Code: CH47WDJE Use this code when entering an order less than $150. If your order is over $150, you will automatically get rewarded by Stampin’ Up! ALL orders will receive a special gift each month from me.
A Look at What’s Coming…
The new Hello, Irresistible Suite is an online exclusive available to everyone on March 1st. Or you can get it now by joining Stampin’ Up! HERE. The products in this collection are absolutely beautiful and I can’t wait to get mine in a few days. I’m so excited to start creating with these irresistible products. Please note: that the QR code will not be available until March 1st.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope it’s a good week!