Good new week to you and Happy Spring!
I feel like I was really late to the party in purchasing the Cup of Tea bundle. However, I’m trying to make up for lost time as I’ve just been enjoying it so much. I’m also hoping that perhaps it will make the catalog cut and stay around a little longer.
Today’s card is a fun fold that I’ve made several times. But I’ve always used it as a gift card holder. This card is a Thinking of You card that holds a fittingly appropriate tea bag.
Materials & Measurements
- Petal Pink card base: cut at 11″ x 4 1/4″, scored at 5 1/4″ & 8 1/2″
- Basic White front panel: cut at 3″ x 4″
- Hello, Irresistible DSP front panel: cut at 2 7/8″ x 3 7/8″
- Basic White inside pocket: cut at 4″ x 2″
- DSP inside pocket: cut at 3 7/8″ x 1 7/8″
- Basic White sentiment panel: cut at 5 1/4″ x 4″
- DSP on sentiment panel: cut at 4″ x 3/4″
- Petal Pink strip on sentiment panel: 4″ x 1/8″
- Fold and burnish on the score lines, creating the card front and inside pocket.
- Using Tear & Tape, secure the sides of the inside pocket.
- Add the card stock and foliage pattern from the Hello, Irresistible 6 x 6 DSP to the front of the card.
- Cut three solid teacups from the same DSP and three open teacups from Basic White card stock to create the teacups. Add three more Basic White solid teacups to the back of each teacup. This is what you’ll see when you open the card.
- Add a small tea tag to center teacup.
- Using dimensionals, line the teacups along the fold.
- Stamp the sentiment, from the Country Bouquet stamp set to the card front.
- Add the card stock and DSP to the inside pocket, along with another die cut teacup and tag.
- Stamp the sentiment and lemon slices, from the Cup of Tea stamp set.
- Glue to the inside of the card and add the DSP & cardstock strips to the right side.
I included my favorite tea bag. If you like lemon and haven’t tried this, you should consider it. It’s like having a slice of lemon pound cake in a teacup. It actually feels like you’re having dessert just drinking it…delicious!
It would take additional postage to send this card in the mail, but totally worth it to treat someone to an unexpected cup of tea!
As always, thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a beautiful first week of Spring!