Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is Flowers in the Garden. We hope you are inspired by all the wonderful creations the Pals share with you! As you hop from blog to blog, we love reading your comments. Then, you will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I loved that today’s hop theme was Flowers! As we all know, Stampin’ Up! does not have a shortage of beautiful floral images. It was actually a little difficult to choose which one to feature. But I decided to use the large floral from the Blessings of Home bundle. It’s big, beautiful and bold and also, sadly, retiring in May. So I’m giving it a big send-off by featuring it in the Blog Hop today.
Materials & Measurements
- Basic White thick card base: cut at 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″
- Balmy Blue card stock: cut at 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″ and 4″ x 5 /4″ (inside)
- Basic White card stock: cut at 5 1/4″ x 4″ and 5″ x 3 3/4″ (inside)
- Stencil on the Basic White panel, using a stencil from the Artistic Mix Decorative Masks and Crumb Cake ink.
- Adhere to the Balmy Blue panel and then to the card front.
- Stamp the floral image 4 times in Memento Black ink.
- Using Stampin’ Blends, color two of the images completely and just the large flower on the other two images.
- Cut out the two large flowers on the partially colored images and adhere them to the large flowers on the two colored images using dimensionals to create more dimension.
- I added Wink of Stella to the large flowers.
- Again, using dimensionals, arrange the images on the card front.
- Stamp the sentiment and flag the ends to create a banner.
- I added two Elegant Faceted Gems to the banner.
- The inside is embellished with a partially stamped image from the same stamp set.
- I also coordinated the envelope by stenciling a portion of it.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team; The Pals are very excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on May 10th, when our theme will be a Tic Tac Toe challenge, where our Design Team will create projects, using elements/supplies that are three in a row, column, or diagonal from the tic tac toe board.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts