Hello! The only thing blue about this Monday is my card! The weather is gorgeous coming off of a simply wonderful Mother’s Day. Here’s another card featuring the Cheerful Daisies Bundle. I’ve been creating a lot with this bundle for two reasons: (1) I wasn’t exactly thrilled with it when I first starting creating with it and wanted to give it a fair chance to grow on me…and it worked because it has! It’s perfect for so many occasions. And (2) I’m still waiting on my order from the new catalog with some new products. They are due to arrive later this week and I’m excited to have some “new” to create with.
I’ve had a few friends undergo some serious surgeries this past month and one is still in the hospital, so I hope this card will cheer her up.
Measure & Cut
- Balmy Blue card base: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″
- Basic White card stock: 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″ and 5″ x 3 3/4″ (inside)
- Country Gingham (ret) DSP: 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Lemon Lolly card stock: 5 1/4″ x 4″ (inside)
- Glue the White and Gingham DSP panels to the card front.
- To create the scalloped frame, use the second and third largest Scalloped dies. Place the third die evenly in the center of the second die and cut both.
- Again, using the second largest scalloped die, cut a piece of Balmy Blue card stock.
- Emboss using the cross-hatch embossing folder from the Basic 3D Embossing Folders available in the Online Exclusives HERE.
- Wrap a piece of ribbon around the embossed panel. I used a retired Balmy Blue Sheer ribbon.
- Glue the frame to the embossed piece.
- Next, cut an additional two of the same dies from Basic White thick card stock and glue behind the blue scallop. This will give it some solid dimension when glued to the card front.
- Stamp and cut the daisies, leaves, and fronds. I stamped the flowers in Crushed Curry and colored lightly with a Lemon Lolly Stampin’ Blend. I also added some glitter glue for some pretty sparkle.
- Assemble foliage on the card front using a combination of liquid glue and dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment and adhere to the card front. My sentiment is from the long retired Tiny Wishes stamp set.
- The inside sentiment is from another retired set, Happy Thoughts.
I think the Cheerful Daisies Bundle is so aptly named. Here’s to hoping they’ll cheer my friend up, as well!
Thanks for spending some time with me this Monday. I’ll be back tomorrow with my Two for Tuesday…hope to see you then!