Thursday’s sure seem to come around fast these days and it’s time for another Tic Tac Toe challenge. This week’s challenge board allows for a lot of creativity. Team O has some super designs to inspire you along the way.
The elements on this board are so much fun and quite different. I can’t wait to see the entries this week. I chose the left column down: metallic, anything but a card and green.
The Foil Frenzy Specialty Designer Series Paper is so bright and festive. This collection comes in three different patterns of Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, Soft Sky and Tangerine Tango all on a heavy kraft card stock which makes it perfect for making 3D items.
Foil Frenzy Specialty Designer Series Paper #144125
I used the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits to create the bag. This is a well-loved thinlit in my craft room. So well-loved that it’s actually cracked. I’m blaming it on the Big Shot but I know it was a total operator’s error!
Mini Treat Bag Thinlits #137547
Here’s the details
- This was a very simple project using minimal supplies.
- After cutting the Treat Bag, I cut the heart out using another die from this thinlit set to create a window.
- A little Lemon Lime Twist 1/2″ Finely Woven Ribbon is wrapped around the bag.
- I cut two more hearts: one from Lemon Lime Twist card stock and another from a coordinating pattern from Foil Frenzy Designer Series Paper and layered them. They’re popped onto the ribbon with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I added “enjoy” using another thinlit and glued it directly to the heart.
- A window was created by sliding a 3″ x 6″ Gusseted Cellophane Bag in the Treat Bag.
- After it was filled with candy, I tied it off with a Lemon Lime Twist 1/4″ Ombre Ribbon.
I loved how this turned out, so I decided to make another. The only reason I chose Soft Sky was because I had light blue wrapped Hershey Kisses leftover from a baby shower.
These came together so quickly that it would be easy to mass produce them for party favors.
I hope you’ll stop by the Tic Tac Toe Challenge and check out all the fantastic projects. I’m sure others will opt for anything but a card and there you’ll find some super ideas. I also hope that you’ll be inspired to join us.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful day…one more day until the weekend!
Welcome to the August 2017 Pals Blog Hop. Thank you so much for joining us today. This month we’re going to “Cut It Out”. Participants will feature projects with “cuts” from punches, dies, Framelits, Edgelits, or Thinlits.
Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
My card today features another “old” favorite stamp and die set, Jar of Love. I was so excited to see this set when it came out in last year’s catalog. I love mason jars and I also love canning. I put up fruit preserves and fresh fruit during the summer and through the year when making my own spaghetti sauce and salsa. I love seeing a shelf full of filled jars especially in the middle of winter.
Here’s the details
- The card base is Whisper White thick card stock with a mat of Dapper Denim cut 1/8″ smaller.
- I used several different Designer Series Paper collections on this card: The “wallpaper” background is from Fresh Florals DSP, the “shelf” is created using Wood Textures DSP and the jars are cut from the Color Theory DSP collection.
- As soon as I saw that pattern in the Color Theory Designer Series Paper I knew I was going to create jars with it…I just didn’t know when!
- I let the Color Theory DSP dictate the color palette of Old Olive, Dapper Denim and Berry Burst.
- The Delicate White Doilie is a cute little accent and adds to the country charm.
- The largest jar is glued directly to the card and the other two are popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A Linen Thread bow is adhered with a Mini Glue Dot.
- The sentiment is also from the Jar of Love stamp set and is stamped in Berry Burst ink and cut with an oval from the Stitched Shapes framelits and then layered on another oval from the Layering Ovals framelits.
- I layered the Pretty Label Punch with Old Olive and a peek of Dapper Denim and popped the sentiment on top.
- The inside is prettied up with a strip of Designer Series Paper edged with a border cut with the new Decorative Ribbon punch. I love border punches and was so pleased to see this one in the Annual Catalog.
I usually give some of my preserves as gifts throughout the year and thought this would be a cute card to send along with them with a personal note.
Thanks for stopping by today. You can continue on the hop with the line up below. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on September 13, 2017. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We’d love to hear what you have to say about our creative “Cuts”.
Blog Hop Line-up:
Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend and are looking forward to a good week ahead. I got to spend Sunday with my new grandson, which was the highlight of my weekend!
I have a fresh and pretty birthday card to share today using the Eastern Beauty bundle….again! I will be putting this set away for awhile as I did get my pre-order and have started playing with all the new goodies, so please bear with me for one more Eastern Beauty.
Here’s the details
- The card base is Whisper White thick card stock with a mat of Flirty Flamingo card stock cut 1/4″smaller.
- The next mat is a pattern from the Eastern Palace Designer Series Paper. I love the color combination of Flirty Flamingo and Lemon Lime Twist.
- I really liked how this medallion turned out. The base is Whisper White card stock cut with the largest circle from the Stitched Shapes framelits. Then I used several of the framelits from the Eastern Medallions.
- Pop it! Each medallion is layered with a Stampin’ Dimensional in between.
- A Rhinestone Basic Jewel finishes it off.
- A piece of Flirty Flamingo 3/8″ Striped Grosgrain ribbon is wrapped around the Flirty Flamingo and DSP panel before adhering to the card base.
- The sentiment is from Happy Birthday, Gorgeous stamp set. I think this is the one new set that I’ve used the most since it came out in the new catalog just for the terrific sentiments and fonts.
- I punched the sentiment with the new Classic Label punch and popped it up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I used another great sentiment set, Better Together, for the inside sentiment.
- Get scrappy! Using some scraps from this project, the inside of the card and envelope are simply embellished.
I made this card for someone who is also fresh (in a good way) and pretty. Katie was a neighbor of mine for quite sometime. I actually knew her mother before she was born and my daughters’ were her babysitters. Well, she’s all grown up now working and living in New York City and now she is an awesome stamper herself and MY stamping friend!
I hope you have a wonderful day and I’ll be back on Wednesday with the Pal Blog Hop.
Again, I pulled out the Eastern Beauty stamp set and coordinating Eastern Medallions thinlits to make this bold and bright birthday card. I know I’ve mentioned this before but I can’t believe this is another bundle I was on the fence about when it first came out…not sure if I would really like it or use it. Well, I am happy I jumped off the fence and ordered it! As far as using it, HERE, HERE and HERE are other examples of projects I’ve created with it.
Here’s the details
- Whisper White thick card stock is my go-to for making white card bases. I was really pleased to see that Very Vanilla thick card stock is also now available.
- A mat of Berry Burst cut 1/4″ smaller and another Whisper White (regular card stock) cut an additional 1/4″ smaller are adhered with tombow glue.
- Isn’t this a fun sentiment? The new Celebrate You stamp set only has three stamp images but boy are they sassy!
Celebrate You Stamp Set
Wood # 143775 Clear #143778
Images © Stampin’ Up!
- The sentiment is stamped in Dapper Denim ink.
- A 5″ x 1 1/2″ panel of Dapper Denim card stock provides a nice contrast to the medallions.
- The medallions are stamped with Berry Burst and Dapper Denim ink and cut using the Medallion thinlits.
- I glued the two on the right and left hand side directly to the card stock and then popped the middle one with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, I added a few Glitter Enamel Dots and called it a card! The Glitter Enamel Dots are perfect for adding just a touch of sparkle without overdoing it. They are also my free gift for orders over $75.00 this month…all that info can be found HERE.
- The inside sentiment is from the Bunch of Blossoms stamp set and again, stamped in Dapper Denim ink.
- A piece of Color Theory Designer Series Paper adds a bit of interest to the inside as well as the envelope flap.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and can find some time to stamp. My pre-order came late yesterday, so I’m hoping to crack into some new sets this weekend. But I’m also hoping to have some time to enjoy a little summertime as there are only as few short weeks left! Whatever your plans, I hope you have FUN!