Welcome to the Pals’ June Blog Hop. We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects using “Anything with Wings” You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Since the new catalog just recently debuted, I was somewhat limited in my stamp set choices for today’s card as most of my “winged” sets flew away with the old catalog. But this only made me reached a little further for some creativity…and who doesn’t enjoy a good card making challenge?!
As usual, I incorporated some new, old and a bit of retired product to create this pretty thank you card. The star of the card though is the new Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper. I hand cut the flowers from this beautiful paper and arranged them over a card base of Petal Pink, Whisper White and Beautifully Detailed Laser Cut Paper.
The butterflies are from the Butterfly Gala stamp set. I heat embossed and punched them using the Butterfly Duet Punch. The sentiment is from the Vibrant Vases stamp set.
The inside sentiment is from the Varied Vases stamp set. Another hand cut flower and a bit of retired 6×6 Petal Pink DSP adds a pretty touch.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, July 10, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “Mixing It Up” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-up
Products Used: (All Stampin’ Up!)
|Stamps: Butterfly Gala, Vibrant Vases, Varied Vases
|Dies/Punches: Butterfly Duet Punch
|Patterned Paper: Magnolia Lane DSP, Beautifully Detailed Laser Cut Paper
|Card Stock: Whisper White, Petal Pink
|Ink: Versa Fine Onyx Black, Versa Mark, Clear Embossing Powder
Hello! Hello! Hello! Today I’m sharing three fresh and pretty cards that say just that.
These cards came together using some of my favorite products so it’s no surprise that I had a really good time creating them.
Here’s the details…
- Each card starts with a Whisper White thick card base.
- The pattern paper is Gingham Gala 6 x 6 DSP in Grapefruit Grove, Daffodil Delight and Lemon-Lime Twist.
- After wrapping the retired Tea Lace doilies around the DSP, I added a strip of coordinating card stock to either side of the DSP.
- This panel is glued directly to the card base.
- Using one of my all-time favorite stamp sets, Jar of Love, I stamped the flowers and leaves and cut them with the coordinating Everyday Jar framelits.
- The sentiment is from the Calligraphy Essentials stamp set. I heat embossed it with black embossing powder and colored it with Stampin’ Blends and Copic Markers. This set is definitely what I call a “sleeper” set. I really haven’t seen it used much. I’ve had it for some time and this is the first I’ve used it. It’s set to retire with the Annual Catalog in June. I’ll be hanging onto mine though. It’s really very versatile and I have a few more ideas in mind.
- This set doesn’t come with coordinating dies so I used my Scan n’ Cut to cut the sentiment as well as the black mat. I popped it with Dimensionals.
- A few crystal drops adds the finishing touch.
- The envelope is embellished with DSP and a delicate trim from a lace edge die that I had in my stash. I don’t know the manufacturer though.
As I mentioned above, I absolutely love all of the products I used on these cards. However, they’ll all be retiring on June 3rd. But none of them will be leaving my craft room! You can see all of the retiring products HERE.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Welcome to the Pals’ May Blog Hop. We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects with “More Than One Score.” You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Today’s card features some retiring as well as some new products coming in the Annual Catalog. The newcomer is the Daisy Lane stamp set which features a smaller daisy and coordinating punch. You’ll be able to purchase these as a bundle when the catalog goes live on June 4th.
I really enjoyed creating this card. It seems any card that has some flower arranging makes me happy.
It’s all in the details…
- The Whisper White card base measures 5 1/2″ x 11″ (a little larger than a regular A2 card). It’s scored on the longer side at 2 1/2″ and 6 3/4″ and at 2 3/4″ on the short side only up to the second(6 3/4″) score line.
- Cut on the 2 3/4″ score line to remove the top part of the front of the card.
- Petal Pink card stock is cut 1/8″ smaller than each panel on the outside and inside front.
- Fold the front panel at the first score line over to form an inside pocket to hold a gift card. You could easily eliminate this panel to create just a card.
- Before adhering, punch with a small circle punch to form a notch (picture below).
- The Soft Sea Foam panel on the front is cut an additional 1/8″ smaller than the Petal Pink panel and is embossed with the Tufted Embossing Folder.
- I cut the pocket using the Pocket Framelits in Whisper White card stock and cut another pocket using a panel from the Beautifully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Paper from the Occasions Catalog to cover the white pocket. I love the pretty detail it provided.
- I layered two daisies to create each flower and along with the pretty fern also from the Daisy Lane stamp set arranged and adhered.
- The sentiment on the small tag is from Bella and Friends stamp set, which is set to retire. It’s punched using the Classic Label punch and tucked among the flowers.
- The inside is embellished with a pattern of Soft Sea Foam 6×6 DSP over the Petal Pink panel.
- The sentiment, from the Varied Vases stamp set is stamped in Versa Fine Onyx Black ink on a 3 1/2″ x 2″ panel of Whisper White card stock. I backed it with a piece of Petal Pink card stock cut 1/8″ smaller. Can you tell that I prefer very thin margins!
- I embellished the gift card pocket with another daisy.
- To complete the project, the envelope flap is embellished with a piece of Soft Sea Foam card stock embossed with the Tufted Embossing Folder.
This is such a soft and pretty presentation for a gift card for so many different occasions. I plan to use the same layout to create a few thank you and graduation cards…stay tuned.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, June 12, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “Anything with Wings” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
Hello…I hope you had a wonderful Easter and perhaps ate a little chocolate. We had a perfect day with family. I also enjoyed a week off from work as it was Spring Break. It went so quickly but was really needed! I did manage to do a bit of organizing in my craft area and snuck in a little crafting. I was really hoping to do more creating than cleaning but it didn’t work out that way.
Today’s cards are simple Thinking of You cards created with the Just Because stamp set which is in the Occasions Catalog. Since this set is a host set, I think that it could be easily overlooked. However, I absolutely love this image and it was fun and easy to color. This set is just a simple no fuss, versatile kind of set.
Just Because Host Set #148786
Images @ Stampin’ Up!
I have a confession…I’ve cut the sentiments off from each of the images after I created these cards. This way I can still use the images and the sentiments in many different ways for many different occasions.
It’s all in the details…
- The card bases are Cajun Craze and Soft Suede card stock for each of these cards. The next layer is Whisper White card stock.
- The next layers are patterns from the Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper collection. I’ve basically ignored this collection for most of the catalog period and now that it’s going into retirement, I’m trying use some of it. I really like how it coordinates so with this set.
- Before gluing the Whisper White and DSP layers to the card base, I wrapped a piece of burlap ribbon around. This gives it a little organic look.
- The next three panels were cut with the Stitched Rectangles dies.
- I colored each stamped image with Stampin’ Blends. The colors used are listed in the product list below.
- If you look really close, you’ll see my favorite part of these cards. I’ve created little “water droplets” on the leaves. I simply put a small dot of Crystal Effects on them and let it dry. You can still find Crystal Effects in craft stores.
- The inside sentiment is from a beautiful new stamp set, Floral Essence. I received this set at OnStage but it will be available in the new annual catalog on June 4th. It just seemed like a sweet and simple sentiment.
Thanks for stopping by today.