Welcome to another CASEing (Copy and Selectively Edit) installment with Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit. This month I created a project and Karen will put her creative spin on it. I’m so enthralled with the Poinsettia Petals bundle. While I’m still creating projects with this bundle, I think this more traditional card is my favorite so far.
I created a slimline card last week using this layout. You can see that one HERE. I simply reconfigured the measurements to fit a standard A2 card. I combined patterns from the Plaid Tidings and Tis the Season Designer Series Paper. A list of all the products I used is below.
The sentiments on both the front and inside are from the Toile Christmas stamp set.
Thanks very much for crossing the country with Karen and I today. Please head over to Karen’s blog HERE to see her CASE of today’s card.
- Very Vanilla Card Base: 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- Garden Green Card Stock: 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Plaid Tidings DSP: 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
- Garden Green Card Stock: 2″ x 4″
- Very Vanilla Card Stock: 1 7/8″ x 3 7/8″
- Tis the Season DSP: Stitched Rectangle Die
Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Pile It On” – showcasing their card/project with layers of DSP and/or embellishments for any occasion. We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I’ve decided that the Poinsettia Petals bundle is my absolute favorite from the August-December 2020 catalog. I’ve been creating with it non-stop over the past week and still have many more ideas. One reason is that I love winter flowers like Poinsettias, Amaryllis, Christmas cactus and Paperwhites. When it comes to Poinsettias, I’m drawn to the lighter colored rather than the traditional reds. My pink-toned paper poinsettias on this card are a testament to that.
The poinsettias and berry sprigs were cut from shimmery white paper. I lightly sponged the poinsettias with Petal Pink ink. The leaves are cut from Soft Sea Foam card stock.
For the flower centers, I cut a die from the Poinsettia dies and added rhinestones . This really added to the richness of the card. I’ll be adding these to other poinsettias I create.
I combined two sentiment stamps from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set to create the inside sentiment.
- Whisper White card base: 8 1/2″ x 3 3/4″
- Silver card stock (non-SU): 8 3/8″ x 3 5/8″ (cut 2 – 1 for inside)
- Petal Pink card stock: 8 1/8″ x 3 3/8″ (cut 2 – 1 for inside)
- Peony Garden DSP 7 7/8″ x 3 1/8″
- Whisper White card stock: 7 7/8″ x 3 1/8″ (inside)
- Whisper White card stock: 1″ x 5″ (sentiment flag)More inspiration awaits!
Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on December 9th when our theme is “Goodbye September Mini Catalog and Hello January Mini Catalog.” Participants showcase their favorites from the retiring holiday catalog or new products from the new mini catalog. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
Take care and have a wonderful Wednesday,
It’s finally Friday! What a long week it’s been and I even had two days off this week. On my two days off from school this week, I seriously needed to turn off the news and just create. Although I primarily share Stampin’ Up! projects, I also enjoy other stamp companies’ images as well. Today’s card features a stamp set from a favorite stamp company, Hello Bluebird. And their Fall Friends stamp set is one of my favorites.
I love these sweet images, especially the book toting deer. I think she’s a librarian! I also enjoyed coloring these. I used a combination of Stampin’ Blends and Copic markers.
The buffalo checked paper came from my embarrassing large stash. I’m pretty sure I picked it up at Joann’s.
The inside sentiment is from Stampin’ Up!’s So Sentimental stamp set and is stamped in Early Espresso ink.
I’ve been sending a lot of cards “just because” these days and I have a special stamping friend that I’ll be mailing this one to.
Thank you for spending some time here today. I hope you’re looking forward to a relaxing Fall weekend.
Today I’m sharing a few pretty cards featuring the Forever Fern Bundle. I instantly fell in love with this bundle when it was introduced in the Annual Catalog. The creative possibilities with these products are endless. The cards I created today can be used for so many different occasions by adding a sentiment of your choice. Two of my cards are birthday cards and one is a get well card.
The layout for each card is basically the same with a different color scheme. For each card, I created my own version of Designer Series Paper by stamping a floral panel using the images from Forever Fern stamp set. I also stamped a few images and cut them using the Forever Flourishing dies to add to the embossed panel. The gold foil leaves are from the Forever Gold DSP.
Blushing Bride, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Soft Sea Foam
Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Soft Sea Foam
Balmy Blue, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Soft Sea Foam
Each of the sentiments on the front are heat embossed with gold embossing powder. The inside sentiments are stamped in Old Olive ink.
- Whisper White card base: 51/2″ x 4 1/4″
- Mossy Meadow card stock: 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- Whisper White embossed panel: 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Mossy Meadow card stock: 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″
- Gold Foil: 2 3/8″ x 3 5/8″
- Whisper White stamped panel: 2 1/4″ x 3 1/2″
You can see all the products I used on these cards in the Product List below.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope your having a good week.