Happy Monday and President’s Day! I hope it’s a day off for you as it is for me. Naturally, I had a ton of errands to run which is not how I like to spend these holidays but they had to get done. However, I had a very productive day stamping yesterday and this is one of the cards I made.
I’ve pretty much exhausted the sets that I’ve gotten from the Occasions Catalog and wanted to wait until the new Sale-a-brations items were available on the 16th to place another order…which I did! So I reached for a forgotten favorite, the Oh So Eclectic Bundle from the Annual Catalog. I haven’t used this set nearly enough and each time I pull it out, I get so many ideas.
Here’s a Stampin’ Up! video giving you the full scoop on these fun products…
Here’s the project details
- The card base is Whisper White thick card stock, with a mat of Peekaboo Peach card stock cut 1/8″ smaller and glued directly to the card base
- A piece of regular Whisper White card stock was cut an additional 1/8″ smaller.
- Before adhering this layer to the Peekaboo Peach card stock, I wrapped a piece of Peekaboo Peach 3/8″ Striped Grosgrain Ribbon around it. Then it’s glued using Tombow.
- The blue flower was stamped in Soft Sky ink and sponged in the center with Night of Navy ink. The peach flower was stamped in Peekaboo Peach ink and sponged in the center with Tangerine Tango ink.
- I used the detailed die from the Oh So Eclectic bundle to cut one Soft Sky and two Peekaboo Peach flowers and glued them on top of the stamped flowers.
- The leaves were stamped in Pear Pizzazz ink and cut with another die from the bundle.
- All the flowers and leaves are popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Let’s talk about the sentiment….it’s from the FREE Sale-a-bration set, Amazing You. I stamped it in Night of Navy ink and cut it using the Brother Scan n’ Cut. I was able to cut the Soft Sky mat also. I love this machine!
- I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop it on the ribbon.
- I keep the inside pretty simple. The inside sentiment is two stamps from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set. It’s stamped in Night of Navy ink.
- Look how pretty the envelope liner is…now you know where I got my color inspiration from!! I love how the Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper just brought the whole project together!
I mentioned above that I was waiting to place another order from the Occasions Catalog until the second release of the Sale-a-bration…well I must say that I’m so glad I did because Stampin’ Up! came through with some beautiful products in this second installment. There’s still a month left to take advantage of this great offer. I can’t wait to get my order and you can see everything HERE.
Thanks for stopping by today!
It’s Tic Tac Toe Thursday again and this week my board is being featured. I hope you will find it inspiring enough to join us and create your own project with these elements.
Since I chose the elements on this board, I felt a little extra challenged so my card features all the elements!
Here’s the details
- The card base is Pool Party card stock with a mat of Whisper White card stock cut 1/8″ smaller.
- The next layer is a pattern from Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper collection and is cut an additional 1/8″ smaller. I like cards with these subtle margins. I think it gives just enough dimension and color.
- My plaid comes from the 1/2″ Smoky Slate Gingham Ribbon…who doesn’t love gingham?! I wrapped it around the Whisper White and DSP layer before adhering them to the Pool Party card base.
- I layered a Whisper White oval from the Stitched Ovals Framelits over a Pool Party scalloped oval cut from the Layering Ovals Framelits. These are adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- The number is cut from the Large Numbers Framelits. I used a glitter paper from my stash. It’s funny, I was browsing in JoAnn Fabrics last week and came across the glitter paper in such pretty pastel colors for 60% off so I picked up a few colors not really knowing what I would do with them…and lo and behold…I really did need it! LOL
- I popped the number with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- This cute little pup from Bella and Friends stamp set is stamped in Black Memento ink and colored with Stampin’ Blends. He’s also popped with Dimensionals.
- A little red enamel heart gives a POP of color to this largely monochromatic card.
- The birthday banner is a stamp and die set from Clearly Besotted stamps.
- Lastly, a sweet little gingham bow is the finishing touch!
- For the inside sentiment, I reached into some of my old sentiment sets that I’ve saved. You can never have enough sentiments, so they are so worth hanging unto…IMHO!
- Another cute little colored pup puts some fun on the inside.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope that you’ll stop by the Tic Tac Toe Challenge site to see what my Design Teammates came up with this week…you will not be disappointed!
Welcome to the Pals Feburary 2018 Blog Hop. Our theme this month is “Case the Catty”. The Stampin’ Pretty Pals will copy or remake projects from any of the current Stampin’ Up! catalogs and brochures. After all, who doesn’t CASE (Copy and Share Everything) once in a while. You may be just starting or hopped over from another Pal. In either case you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
My idea of casing a project is not necessarily re-creating the project but just being inspired by it. And that’s exactly how my card came about. The Celebrate You Thinlints on page 17 of the Sale-a-bration Catalog has such great examples of using the “celebrate” thinlit. This is such a great collection of sentiment thinlits, that it’s hard to believe that you can earn them for FREE during Sale-a-bration!
Here’s the details
- The card base is Whisper White thick card stock.
- The next layer is also Whisper White thick card stock of which I cut the thinlit four times.
- I added two thin strips of Emerald Envy card stock to this layer and then glued it directly to the card base.
- Next, I gave my Big Shot a real work out by cutting the sentiment out 8 times in the following colors: Melon Mambo, Flirty Flamingo, Pumpkin Pie, Peekaboo Peach, Emerald Envy, Lemon Lime Twist, Dapper Denim, Tempting Turquoise.
- For the bottom die cut, I glued it in the card base cutout, then offset the coordinating color just a bit. I really like the effect this created.
- This fun sentiment from the Super Duper stamp set available in the Annual Catalog was just perfect for the inside. The little starbursts are also from this set.
- Ok, so you know I had to jazz up the envelope too! I used the same method as I did on the card and cut the thinlit out of the envelope flap and then glued a piece of Whisper White card stock behind it on the inside of the flap.
- Using Lemon Lime Twist card stock, I cut the thinlit again and glued it in the cut out envelope. I know I could of just cut the thinlit and glued it to the envelope flap but I think it would get torn in mailing. This way it’s flush with the envelope and there are no loose ends to pull up.
I hope you enjoyed this project and will take a look at the Stampin’ Up! catalogs next time you’re looking for ideas and inspiration…they are chock full of them!
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on March 14, 2018. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We really like that
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Rachael at Bluebonnet Stampin
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jackie Beers at BlueLineStamping
- Shannon Jaramillo at Shannon Kay Paperie
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Apron of Love
- Corinne Blake at The Creative Compendium
- Wendy Klein at DogGone Delightful Stampin’
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Mine was fabulous as I got to spend it with my favorite little boy in the world…my grandson, Jack!
If you haven’t already heard, there’s a brand new challenge that debuted on Friday, aptly named Festive Friday Challenge. Here’s the first challenge:
I was already in the process of making these Valentine’s Day cards and saw that they fit this challenge perfectly and in both ways…win/win!
I love making shaker cards and these were especially fun to make using a new die I purchased from Reverse Confetti called Falling Hearts Panel. The moment I saw this die, I knew I wanted it. I envision making so many more cards other than Valentines with it. It would make wonderful wedding and anniversary cards, as well as, adorable baby cards.
I used Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid paper on these cards. The sentiment is from SU Teeny Tiny Wishes. It’s stamped in Versa Mark and heat embossed with Silver Embossing powder and punched using the Classic Label Punch.
The inside was stamped with the Eastern Beauty stamp set from Stampin’ Up!
I was having such a good time making these, I decided to make them for my daughters also. For these, I used this pretty paper that I had in my stash. The hearts are die cut from Dazzling Diamond Glimmer paper.
I was very happy with the way each set of these turned out. The plaid is so bright and cheerful and the Glimmer Paper so soft and pretty.
I hope you enjoyed this post as it was a little different from my usual Stampin’ Up! posts. But sometimes it’s just fun to combine different products from other companies to come up with a project. I love when all my products play nice together!!
I hope you are looking forward to a wonderful week ahead!