Today’s birthday card features another terrific product from the Delightful Daisy Suite. The Daisy punch makes creating pretty flowers a snap. There are countless ways to use this punch alone or with the coordinating Daisy Delight photopolymer stamp set.
Here’s the Details:
- The card base is Whisper White thick card stock covered in a pattern from Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper. This paper is one of the prettiest collections of Designer Series Paper that Stampin’ Up! has offered (just my opinion!).
- I used the Stampin’ Trimmer to create the top panel in a 2017-2019 In-Color, Tranquil Tide card stock.
- The white ribbon at the top is a retired ribbon. I layered it with a 1/8″ strip of card stock to give the striped effect. You could also use Whisper White card stock to achieve the same effect.
- The Daisy is punched twice in Whisper White card stock and once in Designer Series Paper and popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I used a big (non SU) jewel that I had in my embellishment collection for the center.
- The sentiment, from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set, is heat embossed in white embossing powder.
- The inside sentiment is also from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set and is stamped in Tranquil Tide ink.
- You may know by now that I love embellishing the inside and envelopes of my cards. It’s a great way to use up scraps from the front of the card and just ties the whole project together in a fun and unique way.
This could easily be a get well, thank you, or thinking of you card just by changing the sentiment.
OK now I have some NEWS……
I’m very excited to have been invited to be on the Design Team of a brand new challenge. It’s the TIC TAC TOE Challenge and will be debuting on June 8th. If you’re familiar with this type of challenge, you know how much fun it is and how it really sparks your creativity. If you’ve never participated in one, I hope you will give it a try. We can’t wait to start playing!
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful Monday.
Today’s bright and bold birthday card features the paper piecing technique. I don’t do this technique very often but when I do, I absolutely love the results. It’s a bit time-consuming but well worth it. It’s actually like putting a puzzle together.
Here are the details:
- The card base is Whisper White thick card stock.
- I stamped and heat embossed a panel of Basic Black card stock with a sentiment from the new Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set, available in the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog on June 1st. The images and sentiments in this set can be used in so many different ways. I’ve used this set more in the last two weeks than I’ve used some sets that I’ve had for two years!
- A few more panels of Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight create a clean and simple background for the bold butterfly.
- The inspiration for the butterfly was this photo of a monarch butterfly.
- To create my version of this pretty butterfly, I used both the Bold Butterfly framelits and the Butterflies thinlits. I cut one of each of the coordinating butterflies in Basic Black card stock and glued them together.
- Then I cut the more detailed butterfly from the Butterflies thinlits out in Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White card stock.
- I then fit all the pieces back together creating the color pattern. Tip: use your glue sparingly so you it doesn’t ooze out.
- This may seem somewhat tedious but it’s actually quite relaxing…but then again isn’t stamping generally relaxing, too!
- The inside sentiment is also from Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set and is stamped in Basic Black Archival ink.
- A few more strips of card stock add a little interest to the inside. I actually looks like candy corn…which wasn’t the look I was going for!
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’m hosting a baby shower on Sunday for my daughter, Emily and will share the favors I made on Monday.
Today’s set of Thank You note cards are chock-full of amazing new products featured in the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog which goes live June 1.
- These are note card sized cards (5″ x 3 1/2″). The card bases are one of each of the new 2017-2019 In-Colors: Berry Burst, Fresh Fig, Lemon Lime Twist, Powder Pink and Tranquil Tide.
- The next layer is a color coordinated pattern from Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper. What a beautiful collection of colors and floral patterns!
- The vertical panel is another pattern from this collection. This set of papers makes it so easy to coordinate colors and patterns.
- Label Me Pretty stamp set and the coordinating Pretty Label created the sentiment.
- The center of the label is created using the 1 1/4″ and 1 3/8″ circle punches which are popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals on the label.
- A few little pearls add a pretty touch.
- Below is a snapshot of some of the products used on this project.
I think this would make a nice little hostess gift. I plan on tying this set together with a one of the new 1/2″ Finely Woved Ribbon, which comes in all of the new in-colors as soon as I can place my order on June 1.
Thanks for checking in on my post today…have a wonderful day!
Happy Monday…hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day weekend. Today I’m sharing a pretty little project that was a lot of fun to make as I had someone very special in mind while creating it. My daughter, Emily and her husband Mike are expecting their first child next month. So I wanted to give Emily a little something for Mother’s Day and this card and box went with the present.
Once again I’m using the beautiful Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper. This collection is just so pretty. Here’s another card I made using it.
I also used the NEW Label Me Pretty Bundle that will be available in the new 2017-2018 Annual Catalog. This is another versatile bundle that will add such a wonderful touch to your projects. Who doesn’t like a label punch and this one has the prettiest curves!
- The card base is Whisper White thick card stock. This card stock is the perfect weight for creating a sturdy card base.
- A panel (2 3/4″ x 5 1/2″) of Calypso Coral card stock is layered with a pattern (2 1/2″ x 5 1/2″) of Delightful Designer Series Paper.
- Label Me Pretty stamp set and coordinating punch created the label. The label is stamped in Old Olive ink.
- The sentiment, stamped in Calypso Coral ink, is from Birthday Blooms stamp set.
- A Sweet Touch! A few butterflies from the retiring Papillon Potpourri stamp set and cut with the (also retiring)Bitty Butterfly punch were colored with Stampin’ Write Markers.
- The inside sentiment, from Garden in Bloom stamp set, was perfect for this card. This is EXACTLY what I wanted to say to Emily as her due date approaches and this is her “first” Mother’s Day!
- This pretty and sturdy box is filled with delicious chocolates. I found the tutorial for the box on Sam Hammond’s website HERE
- These boxes are a good size for any number of treats or presents and were so easy to make with Sam’s directions. Sam made them to hold 3 x 3 cards.
- Here’s a brief breakdown of some products used on my project today.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful week!