I’m sure you’ve heard by now that the Daisy Punch (#143713) is back in stock. It’s proven to be so popular that it’s been out of stock until now. In honor of this, today’s cards feature this ever so popular punch.
At first glance, these may look like a lot of work. But honestly the hardest part was punching the little pieces from the leaves after running it through the Big Shot. The Precision Base Plate helped a lot with cutting those leaves. As I said above, the star of the show here is definitely the Daisy Punch!
Here’s the details:
- The card base is Old Olive card stock with a mat of Whisper White.
- I started out by cutting all the elements. First, the greenery was cut from the Flourish thinlits in Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz card stock.
- For each card, I punched 4 daisies from Whisper White card stock and two from So Saffron and Powder Pink card stock. The Whisper White daisies were sponged in their respective colors. Each daisy has two layers.
- The centers were punched with the 1/2″ circle punch from Early Espresso card stock.
- After I made the first card in So Saffron and found that it went rather quickly, I decided to try a different color. Powder Pink is such a soft subtle color that translated beautifully onto the Daisy.
- I arranged the daisies on the card first and then tucked the leaves in between. I used Tombow glue to adhered everything directly to the Whisper White panel.
- The sentiment is from Happy Birthday, Gorgeous stamp set. I flagged the end with a square punch to create the banner.
- Petal Garden Designer Series Paper had the perfect pattern for the envelope flap.
See easy….right! I really enjoyed making this card and sharing it with you.
This is the last week to take advantage of the the EXTRA Stampin’ Rewards Stampin’ Up! is offering. For every order of $350 or more, you will earn an extra $35 in Stampin’ Rewards on top of the usual rewards.
Also, remember to use the June’s host code GHRSH9XC if your order is under $150. And any order $75 or more will receive my June gift, Very Vanilla Note Cards. You can read all the details HERE.
Thanks very much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful start to your week.
Are you ready for another Tic Tac Toe Challenge? The past two challenges have been really great fun and the inspiration from everyone participating is awesome. If you haven’t joined in yet, I hope you’ll give it a try. The boards have so many fun elements to inspire and spark creativity. Here’s this week’s challenge board:
I choose the left diagonal: bow, twine and yellow for my card today.
Today’s card features the new Grown with Love stamp set and coordinating Garden Grown framelits. This set has such unique stamped images and can be purchased as a bundle in the Annual Catalog for a 10% savings.
Grown With Love Bundle – Wood #145337 Clear #145338
Images © Stampin’ Up!
I used the flower pot and flowers on today’s card but I’m anxious to use the wagon and watering can, too.
Here’s the details
- The card base is Whisper White thick card stock.
- The next layer is Whisper White regular card stock that I cut with a large (retired) circle die. The layering circles didn’t have a large enough circle to accommodate the image.
- After cutting the circle, I used the new Pinewood Planks embossing folder. This is a super embossing folder that creates deep grooves for a realistic impression. I popped this panel with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flower image is stamped in Old Olive ink directly on the card base.
- After stamping it again in Daffodil Delight and Flirty Flamingo ink, the flowers were cut with the framelits and glue over the stamped image.
- The flower pot was cut using a piece of Color Theory Designer Series Paper. I really liked the crackled look for the pot.
- Before adhering the pot with Stampin’ Dimensionals, some Linen Thread was wrapped and tied in a bow.
- The inside sentiment is from the Garden in Bloom stamp set and is stamped in Flirty Flamingo ink.
- A couple of flowers are a simple but pretty embellishment.
I hope that you check out all the Tic Tac Toe Design Team creations HERE and join us.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Monday. I hope it’s a good day!
I know I mentioned this before but I can’t help but tell you again how much I love Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Series Paper. I absolutely fell in love the pattern I used on this card but then this pattern caught my eye and it may be my new favorite!
Here’s the details:
- The Whisper White thick card stock base measures 5″ x 5″ with a mat of Soft Suede card stock cut 1/8″ smaller.
- Both panels are patterns from Whole Lot of Lovely DSP with mats of Pool Party card stock. The striped panel measures 4 1/2″ x 2 1/4″ with the DSP mat 1/8″ smaller. The floral panel measures 4 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ with the DSP mat cut 1/8″ smaller.
- The floral panel is popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The ribbon wrapped around the floral panel is retired Pool Party cotton ribbon.
- Layering Ovals framelits cut the Pool Party and Woodgrain ovals. I used a pattern from the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper. It gives just enough detail!
- A Whisper White oval was cut with the Stitched Shapes framelits. These framelits pair so well with the other layering shaped framelits.
- The sentiment is from the Best Birds stamp set and is stamped in Soft Suede ink.
- A couple flowers were hand cut from a scrap of the DSP. I added a bit of Clear Wink of Stella which I wish translated better in the photo. These were also popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals. The new mini dimensionals really came in handy here.
- It’s so easy to embellish the inside of the card as well. The sentiment is another from the Best Birds stamp set. Adding a cut out flower and a strip of Designer Series Paper create such a pretty greeting and is a great way to use up scraps from the project.
- The envelope was created with the Envelope Punch Board and prettied up with more scraps.
Don’t forget June’s Hostess Code #GHRSH9XC. All order $75 or over also qualify for June’s free gift of the new Very Vanilla Note Cards. All the details can be found HERE.
I hope today is a good day for you! Thanks for stopping by!
Happy weekend! This is my “off” week of designing for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge, so I get to have some fun and play along!
The color combination of yellow and gray created such a fresh and modern card. I was surprised at how much I liked it! Here’s the challenge board that inspired this card. I choose the middle row across.
Here’s the details:
- The card base is Smoky Slate card stock with a mat of Whisper White cut 1/8″ smaller.
- The next layer is a pattern from the Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper. Believe it or not, this paper has poodles on the other side!
- The sentiment, from Happy Birthday, Gorgeous stamp set is heat embossed.
- Eastern Beauty stamp set and Easter Medallion framelits created the pretty flower. The bottom layer is heat embossed. The next layer is stamped in Basic Gray Archival ink and the center is also heat embossed. The embossing gives it a pretty gloss.
- I have to admit that I wasn’t that excited about this bundle at first but every time I use it I like it so much more. I can see many new ways to use it to produce different looks.
- Another sentiment from Happy Birthday, Gorgeous and Designer Series Paper completes the inside.
The Tic Tac Toe challenge is a lot of fun and each board is full of so many options and creative opportunities. I hope you’ll join in this week.
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the weekend!