Happy Friday…I hope you have some fun things planned for the weekend. Summer is just breezing by and I’m trying to soak in as much as I can. With that in mind, I have a pretty, summery card for today.
I usually don’t do many fancy folds but I’m trying to make a conscience effort to try different techniques. So I though I would start off easy with a Gatefold. The pretty climbing vines from the Colorful Seasons stamp set and coordinating Seasonal Layers framelits were perfect for this card design.
Here’s the details
- The card base is cut at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and scored at 2 1/8″ on each side of the 8 1/2″ side. This leaves two panels on each side to create the “gate”.
- I cut two panels measuring 1 7/8″ x 5 1/4″ of Powder Pink card stock and layered that with a pattern from Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Series Paper cut 1/8″ smaller on each gate panel. This pattern was the perfect background for the flowering vines.
- The flowers were stamped in Powder Pink and Flirty Flamingo ink and cropped with the Seasonal Layers framelits. The vine is cropped from Crumb Cake card stock.
- The sentiment is from the Birthday Blooms stamp set and is stamped in Flirty Flamingo ink. It’s cut using a oval from the Stitched Shapes framelits and layered on two ovals from the Layering Ovals framelits.
- I positioned the vines so that the sentiment would cover the bottom of them and lightly glued them.
- Below you can see how to adhere the sentiment so that the card will open properly. I added Stampin’ Dimensionals to one side only.
- The flowers were attached to the vine with the smallest amount of glue. Then I added a few of the new Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to each flower. This gives the flowers the perfect dimensional look.
- The inside sentiment is an image from Special Celebrations stamp set. This set has wonderful sentiments for many occasions and who doesn’t need a good sentiment set!
- A little Designer Series Paper and strips of coordinating card stock on the front of the envelope add the perfect finishing touch.
I hope you enjoyed my venture into a fancy fold and perhaps will give one of these a try yourself. It really is an easy fold but creates a different and interesting card.
Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful weekend!
Time for another Tic Tac Toe Challenge…I hope that you’re enjoying this challenge whether you’re participating (which I hope you are) or just soaking in the amazing entries each week. The projects just keep getting better and better making our job harder in choosing winners…but that’s a wonderful thing!
Here’s this week’s board….
For my card , I chose the left column down: burlap, flower, leaf
I pulled another really old favorite off the shelf, Flower Shop stamp set and the coordinating Pansy punch. These two have made the cut for several catalogs which is just a testament to the wonderful images. They must still be selling well and I’m not surprised at that!
Here’s the details
- The Crumb Cake card base measures 5″ x 5″. Square cards, especially this size allow for more design space.
- A Pool Party card stock mat is cut 1/8″ smaller.
- The next panel is Whisper White card stock also cut another 1/8″ smaller. I stamped the background using a stamp from Timeless Textures stamp set. It’s stamped it off once with Crumb Cake ink to get a lighter color.
- Another piece of Pool Party card stock was cut at 4″ x 3″.
- I cut the Whisper White panel 1/8″ smaller and embossed it using the Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder before adhering it to the Pool Party panel.
- A piece of 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon is wrapped around the smaller panel before adhering it with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The sentiment is from a new stamp set available in the Holiday Catalog, Painted Harvest. It’s stamped in Soft Suede ink and cropped using two ovals from Layering Ovals framelits. This is also popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals over the ribbon.
- The flowers are stamped in Pool Party ink and actually also have a burlap look to them. I stamped and punched four and layered them for a little bit more dimension. Again, I popped them with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The leaves are also stamped from an image in Painted Harvest on Crumb Cake card stock in Crumb Cake ink. They’re punched with another new punch, the Leaf punch that is coming in the Holiday Catalog and glued under the flowers.
- Those cute little white leaves came from a tiny die in the Eclectic Layers thinlits. I loved finding the smallest dies and using them as accents.
- A couple of pearls complete the flowers.
- The inside sentiment is another image from Painted Harvest stamp set and is stamped in Soft Suede ink. I love this set and think it’s just perfect for Fall as well as any time of year. It really goes the mile!
- Using the Envelope Punch Board made making this custom envelope a breeze.
- I stamped the flower and then created a quick mask and stamped the leaves around it to embellish the front of the envelope.
Please take some time and visit the Tic Tac Toe Challenge to check out the other designers’ projects and all the creative entries. I hope you’ll consider joining us also.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a great day!
Happy Monday…I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I spent mine helping my daughter, Emily, getting her 5th grade classroom ready for the start of school in two weeks. And that meant that I also got to spend time with my 1 month old grandson, Jack!
I’m back today with another easy, yet pretty card created with the new Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper. The patterns in this collection are beautiful and will take you well beyond the Fall.
Here’s the details
- The card base is Very Vanilla thick card stock. I love that Stampin’ Up! introduced this in the Annual Catalog. It gives your card a much more quality feel.
- A Cherry Cobbler and Pear Pizzazz mat each cut 1/8″ smaller are layered with a pattern from Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper, also cut 1/8″ smaller.
- Before adhering the mats, I wrapped a piece of Old Olive 3/8″ Mini Chevron ribbon around the card stock and DSP. Then glued it to the Very Vanilla card base.
- The sentiment is from another new stamp set that will be available in the Holiday Catalog starting 9/1…Count My Blessings. Don’t you love that font?!
- The sentiment is cut with an oval from the Stitched Shapes framelits and layered on two ovals from the Layering Ovals framelits.
- An Old Olive bow is adhered with Mini Glue Dots.
- The inside is also embellished with a strip of card stock and Designer Series paper.
- The bold sentiment is from Layering Love stamp set and looks great stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink.
- I mimicked the same idea for the envelope as I did on the inside of the card. I think this really makes for such a pretty, coordinated card.
That’s it…so easy yet so pretty, thanks to a couple of fabulous new products, Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper and Count My Blessings stamp set.
Thanks very much for stopping by today and I hope your Monday is the start of a wonderful week.
Nothing says summer more than Sunflowers. Pair them with a crisp, cool buffalo check pattern and you get the quintessential summer card. This card is the result of two fabulous new Designer Series Paper collections, Painted Autumn and Merry Little Christmas. These will be available in the new Holiday Catalog on Sept. 1.
Here’s the details
- The check pattern comes from a Christmas collection called Merry Little Christmas and measures 2″ x 5 1/2.
- A little added strip of Crushed Curry adds a touch of color.
- The sunflowers were fussy cut from the Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper. After I cut them out, I glued them to a piece of Basic Black card stock and cut again to create the border. I think it gives the flowers more definition.
- I added Clear Wink of Stella to each of the sunflowers.
- The sentiment is from Happy Birthday, Gorgeous stamp set and is cropped with an oval from the Stitched Shapes framelits.
- I layered the sentiment on a Crushed Curry oval cut from the Layering Ovals framelits and another oval from Stitched Shapes in Basic Black.
- The sentiment and the sunflowers are popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A small scattering of sequins adds a bit of bling!
- The inside sentiments also come from Happy Birthday, Gorgeous.
- Another cut out sunflower adds a bit of interest.
- Again, just using some scraps, I simply embellished the inside and the envelope.
As you can see, there really is minimal stamping on this card. The beautiful Designer Series Paper takes most of the credit for creating such a summery card. I will definitely be sharing more cards made from these paper collections…stay tuned!
I celebrated another birthday this week and woke up to this wonderful gift….I couldn’t ask for anything better!
I hope you have a wonderful summer day and thank you for stopping by.