Today I’m sharing a card featuring my favorite bundle in the Occasions Catalog, Forever Blossoms. And how timely, as all the cherry trees are blossoming in my area despite the havoc going on around us. Thank goodness for that and what a welcome sight!
Materials & Measurements
- Whisper White Thick card stock: 4 1/4″ x 11, scored at 5 1/2″
- Basic Black card stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Whisper White card stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- The Whisper White card panel was embossed with the Tufted 3D Embossing Folder, leaving about 1 1/2″ at the top un-embossed…if that’s even a wordU.
- The sentiment, from the Varied Vases stamp set, is stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento ink on the smooth portion of this panel. Then glued it directly to the Basic Black card stock.
- Next a piece of 1/2″ Black Satin ribbon is wrapped around both panels before gluing them directly to the card base.
- The blossoms were colored with Stampin’ Blends and cut with the Cherry Blossoms Dies.
- Two blossom sprays are layered and adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A black baker’s twine (retired) bow bundles the sprays together.
- Finally, I added a few Clear Epoxy Droplets for a pretty finishing touch.
- I didn’t feel that this card needed any DSP as these flowers can really hold their own. So I used the same flower image on the inside. It’s stamped with Smoky Slate ink. I’ve also embellished the envelope with this image.
- The sentiment is also from the Varied Vases stamp set. This is a set that I’ve used and loved for quite a while.
I hope these pretty blossoms lifted your spirits today and that you’re navigating these uncertain days well. Stamping has been such a pleasant distraction for me and I hope for you also. Please stay safe!