For today’s card, I dug out a stamp set that has been around for a few catalog seasons but still stands the test of time in my book, Flourishing Phrases. If you don’t have this set, I would urge you to take a look at it and consider all the possibilities.
I’m trying to get into a Fall frame of mind even though the weather here in Southeastern PA is still very much summer-like. So to ease my way into the upcoming season, I choose these flowers because they reminded me of the chrysanthemums that I love. I also choose a color palette that could easily pass for summer or early fall.
- The A2 card base is Very Vanilla card stock.
- The pattern paper is from the Country Lane Designer Series Paper collection and is cut at 4 7/8″ x 3 7/8″. I really like the patterns in this collection as most can be used well beyond Fall and for many different occasions…just a bigger bang for the buck!
- A small strip of Crushed Curry card stock is added to the DSP to create a background for the lattice border. This is another little border from the Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Paper.
- I cut an oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelits in Very Vanilla card stock and stamped it with a sentiment from the Best Birds stamp set.
- Another oval cut from the Layering Ovals Framelits in Basic Black card stock is offset behind. This is then popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flowers are stamped twice in Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry. I cut the inside of one of each color and adhered it to the full flower with Stampin’ Dimensionals. The center of each flower is a pearl colored with the Basic Black Stampin’ Blend. The flowers are also popped with dimensionals.
- I stamped a few sets of leaves in both Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz ink. Both the flowers and leaves were hand cut.
- For the inside, I combined two sentiments from the Best Birds stamp set and added a pretty border with DSP and card stock.
- Some more DSP on the envelope flap gives a pretty finished look.
Thanks so much for checking in and I hope you have a wonderful day.