Welcome to the August 2017 Pals Blog Hop. Thank you so much for joining us today. This month we’re going to “Cut It Out”. Participants will feature projects with “cuts” from punches, dies, Framelits, Edgelits, or Thinlits.
Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
My card today features another “old” favorite stamp and die set, Jar of Love. I was so excited to see this set when it came out in last year’s catalog. I love mason jars and I also love canning. I put up fruit preserves and fresh fruit during the summer and through the year when making my own spaghetti sauce and salsa. I love seeing a shelf full of filled jars especially in the middle of winter.
Here’s the details
- The card base is Whisper White thick card stock with a mat of Dapper Denim cut 1/8″ smaller.
- I used several different Designer Series Paper collections on this card: The “wallpaper” background is from Fresh Florals DSP, the “shelf” is created using Wood Textures DSP and the jars are cut from the Color Theory DSP collection.
- As soon as I saw that pattern in the Color Theory Designer Series Paper I knew I was going to create jars with it…I just didn’t know when!
- I let the Color Theory DSP dictate the color palette of Old Olive, Dapper Denim and Berry Burst.
- The Delicate White Doilie is a cute little accent and adds to the country charm.
- The largest jar is glued directly to the card and the other two are popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A Linen Thread bow is adhered with a Mini Glue Dot.
- The sentiment is also from the Jar of Love stamp set and is stamped in Berry Burst ink and cut with an oval from the Stitched Shapes framelits and then layered on another oval from the Layering Ovals framelits.
- I layered the Pretty Label Punch with Old Olive and a peek of Dapper Denim and popped the sentiment on top.
- The inside is prettied up with a strip of Designer Series Paper edged with a border cut with the new Decorative Ribbon punch. I love border punches and was so pleased to see this one in the Annual Catalog.
I usually give some of my preserves as gifts throughout the year and thought this would be a cute card to send along with them with a personal note.
Thanks for stopping by today. You can continue on the hop with the line up below. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on September 13, 2017. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We’d love to hear what you have to say about our creative “Cuts”.
Blog Hop Line-up: